Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Pretty-up those hose hangers!

If you have a yard, you need them. And, like most of them, they are not meant to be decorative, but rather functional. Well, I'm here to say they can be both beautiful AND functional. I'm talking hose hangers. Yep, that's right, for my third blog post, I'm talkin' hoses. One may think I should be showing the rest of my house, or reno projects, but my mind is stuck outside right now, with the lovely, hot summer just starting.


Here's what I'm talking about:

One could purchase this at a big box store for $4.99, or......




You could have this lovely instead. It was more money, at $40.00 but well worth it. This hose sits near my front door, so I really wanted a nice holder. I bought it last year at a local garden decor store.


You could have this, for only a few dollars, or......


This, which admitidly was costly. It was bought at Canadian Tire, originally around $120, but we got it on a really good coupon sale. I did see the exact same one at Costco for around $70 (gotta love Costco!) This holder is on the side of the house, where we need a long line of strong hose. All the hoses were professional grade ones bought at Costco.


These holders are still cute, but only cost $11.00. They are not as robust, but do the job nicely in the areas where the hoses are more obscure. Still cute!





I bought this one at Home Sense (another favorite store!) for $12.oo. The previous owner of the house had put on this bird tap, and I thought the two together were sweet.


Notice how many hoses we have? That's not even the half of 'em. We live on an acreage, so you can never have too many!


So there you have it. Cute, functional and beautiful hose hangers to prettify your outdoor spaces. It's these little details that turn a nice home into a gorgeous one, inside and out.


Enjoy the summer heat! Perhaps a frolic through a sprinkler would be nice?

Andrea
Linking to : My Romantic Home http://romantichome.blogspot.com









5 comments:

Susan said...[Reply to comment]

What absolutely darling hose holders! Never saw anything like them. Great job finding those! Susan

The Tablescaper said...[Reply to comment]

Great hangers. I love your attention to detail!!!! Even on the outside.

I'd love to have you join my weekly meme "SUMMER SUNDAYS". It's all about what summer means to YOU. It could be your post about hose hangers.

- The Tablescaper

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...[Reply to comment]

I'm all about pretty hose hangers too. I have two on the house but need a standing one in the yard....seen any of those anywhere?

Andrea said...[Reply to comment]

I haven't seen any 'pretty' standing hose hangers. Hmmmm. Do you have a Dig This store where you live? They often have cool stuff. G'luck!

Lady Pamela said...[Reply to comment]

Hello from the Mainland,
I love all your hose hangers. I have been wanting to change our 'plastic' Rubbermaid one for years, just haven't found the right one. Love the birds.