Monday, June 21, 2010

Today's Treasures

Some people shop at a retail store. Others may prefer a thrift store, or even a garage sale. I, on the other hand, shop at my mother's house. She is the queen of the treasure hunt. She mainly finds her wares at garage sales and thrift stores. It runs in the genes, I suppose. My grandmother furnished her entire (gorgeous) house with second hand finds. So, after a visit with mom today, here's what I came home with:

Now, I must admit, that there are two new purchases here, that I couldn't resist. The bumble bee picture and the iron crown are new. The frame, wire basket and urn are from chez mere.

The urn and basket she got FREE....told ya she was good!




Who can resist a bumble bee? It is destined for my laundry room. This room was recently renovated. I'll be posting it as soon as I'm done the last details.


I love this old frame. I think I'll be glazing it, and plan on either a bulletin board (burlap? Grain sack?? hmmm) or a board copied, or rather inspired by, Centsational Girl.
Linking to: My Romantic Home http://romantichome.blogspot.com



 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/












5 comments:

Jennifer said...[Reply to comment]

I love all of your finds!!!! Your back yard is beautiful too! Happy new follower!
~Jennifer

Andrea said...[Reply to comment]

Thank you so much Jennifer! 2 followers, how exciting!

Creations By Cindy said...[Reply to comment]

Love the frame! Be blessed.Cindy

TheSmithHotel said...[Reply to comment]

Your mom has a great "store"! Lucky you!

I'll become a follower too!

Jody

Rhondi said...[Reply to comment]

My sister and mom and I were always trading stuff. Every time we got together one of us was going home with some new treasure. It was fun! My mom is dead now and my sister lives far away so I don't get to do it anymore. Lucky you!
Hugs, Rhondi