Sunday, July 18, 2010

"China" on the Cheap

Today as I was purusing Walmart, picking up some essentials, I came across these beauties on sale:



I had bought a full set for my travel trailer earlier in the summer, and was excited to see them on sale today. This set also includes serving trays and serving bowls.




I love using these melamine plates & cups on the patio for dining al fresco. I don't have to worry about kidlets dropping a real plate and breaking it, and these are light and easy to place on a platter and bring outside. We love to eat outdoors during the summer, and food always seems to taste better when it's served on dishware that you love. The best part about these dishes: The price. $1.46 per plate and per cup. That's right folks, $1.46. Love it!




My husband is going to make fun of this post as I seem to have a strange attraction for this dishware and keep going back for more. I cleaned out our local Walmart today, so unless I'm going to another town, this will be the last of them.



Fire up the BBQ, we're ready to dine under the sun!!!


3 comments:

Jemsmom said...[Reply to comment]

I saw the same dishes at our Walmart and had some in my cart, but they didn't have enough for a full four place settings. I may go back and just get some accent plates! You have made me realize I should have just bought what they had! So pretty!

Jennifer said...[Reply to comment]

Those are sooo pretty!!!!

Angie said...[Reply to comment]

Oooh, I may have to get me some of these! Love the pretty floral pattern!