Thursday, July 15, 2010

For the love of Birds....

As I was looking at my home today, I realized I seem to have a love of bird accessories. It wasn't intentional, and not really a true collection, but obviously I gravitate towards them. In fact, I think I gravitate to anything nature inspired. I thought I'd share some of my birdie knick-knacks with you. Love this unique piece. Although I think it looks like it was found at a cool antique shop, I actually bought it at Home Sense (did I tell you how much I love that store??). I think that it is only a Canadian chain, but is likely similar to Home Goods (never been to Home Goods myself, but from the descriptions I read about, it sure sounds similar!)
Everyone needs a chicken or rooster.....

or two......




or three........


well, you get the idea.....
(I adore this one!)



One day I hope to have real chickens, and would love to build a coop as lovely as this beauty. This is a must see, even if you have absolutely no interest in chickens, or their coops.




A vintage swan ornament that my grandmother found on her travels.























I even enjoy bird-er-ee in my outdoor spaces, such as this rooster weather vane on our gazebo.









My daughter seems to love birds too, although her tastes are a tad more playful than mine =)
Chickens & Roosters in particular seem to be a popular image in home decor these days. Perhaps is it tied to the resurgence of 'backyard chicken keeping', or has this always been a classic icon in our homes?
Andrea

Linking to: Room to Inspire, The Inspired Room, Strutt your Stuff Thursday, The Shabby Nest, My Romantic Home, Favorite Things Friday









5 comments:

Stacey said...[Reply to comment]

Love your birds especially the weather vane. :) I have birds and bird nests too. Just something sweet about them.

Petie said...[Reply to comment]

Love the rooster weather vane and the white wooden bird...I've been leaning towards birds/nests lately..there's something so sweet about them.

Becky K. said...[Reply to comment]

You'll have to link up with Barb's Rooster Party in August. Details are on my sidebar if you don't read Barb's Good Life Blog.

I do hope you get to own chickens one day. We love our little flock. We have silkies and they are just too cute....especially the chicks.

Becky K.
Hospitality Lane

Barb~Bella Vista said...[Reply to comment]

Hi Andrea, your birds and roosters are just delightful!

Thanks for joining the Rooster Party and displaying the button. I will enter your name for the drawing. Please check back soon for more updates. We had a ball last year!

So lovely to meet you!

Barb ♥

Room to Inspire said...[Reply to comment]

Very fun collection - the first one is my fav. Thanks for linking up to Be Inspired last week!

Chelsea