Thursday, July 15, 2010

Kitchen Corner Cabinet

Ever since we finished our kitchen renovation, I have been collecting items to display in my corner cabinet. The cabinet has wonderful storage beneath, and lighted upper shelving for my pretties. I keep my inherited fine china in my dining room, so really, I was starting from scratch with nothing to put into this cabinet. I started on a blue and white theme. I love classic blue and white as in this image from Victoria Magazine:




But on the other hand, I also love the simplicity and elegance of white on white. This set is gorgeous!

Victoria Magazine



I was inspired by Kim at Savvy Southern Style's beautiful reworking of her buffet. Check it out, if you haven't done so already.

So although I originally began with a blue and white scheme, I forsee a possible change in the future! Here are a few pictures of my current arrangment

I love the idea of painting the back of the cupboard to really let the dishes pop. Perhaps a soft blue? I wonder if even using a wallpaper, or wrapping paper for that matter in a subtle, classic pattern would be a nice temporary solution?



:











I haven't quite decided yet if it's classic blue and white or busy blue and white.....that's the fun of decorating though, you can always just keep reworking it and changing it up!!



Andrea



6 comments:

Terrell said...[Reply to comment]

Hello Andrea! I am visiting from your comment on my blog and wanted to say thank you so much for your sweet words! I absolutely love the blue and white in this cabinet...it's just simply gorgeous! I am so happy to be your newest follower and I hope you do the same..I just love new friends! Come back and visit again soon, girly! All the best! :)
~Terrell @ FrouFrouDecor~

Red Door Home said...[Reply to comment]

Your china and cabinet are so pretty. What a nice display space.

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...[Reply to comment]

Very very very pretty! I love the blue and white but also the classic look of the white. Your cabinet will make you smile everyday. Love your display, it is lovely.

Nancy said...[Reply to comment]

Love it! I have seen people use wallpaper and it is lovely, too.

Miss Mustard Seed said...[Reply to comment]

Your blue and white in there looks lovely. That color scheme is timeless.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...[Reply to comment]

Thanks for linking to my blog, Andrea. I love your corner cabinet and you have it displayed beautifully. I love blue and white.