Thursday, July 22, 2010

Obsessions

I present to you, My Obsession (well, maybe one of my obsessions anyhow):
I think I have to admit that I may have a problem. At the very least, an obsession. You've heard me say it before, and I'm sure I'll say it again. I.Love.Home.Sense!!!! Yesterday was a very exciting day as we had to make the hour drive to go to Costco, and that meant I could also go to Home Sense....yipee!!! Here's my haul:


A cute bucket, two candlesticks, a ornamental thing-a-ma-bop, and a soap dispenser and dish.


Oh wait, there's more! A plant stand, and fern.


I have been looking for the 'right' plantstand for a corner in my dining room for years. I love the turned wood and details of the legs.






I could cry when I look at this picture. The two candlesticks are made of cement. They were perfect on my fireplace mantel, but as I was re-arranging them today, one fell & broke apart.....they were the last two in the store, and they were only $7! My hubby is going to see what he can do to straighten the one and put it back together. They are already rustic looking, with a lot of chips and knicks, so fingers crossed that the repair will work.



Loved this cute bucket. I have a new spot for it in my kitchen/eating nook. Not sure what to put in it yet...hmmm.....



I thought these were so pretty for my ensuite bathroom. It has yet to be reno'd, but is going to be done in board and batten, and a soft robins egg blue on top. I saw a picture in a magazine of a similar bathroom a few years ago, and knew that's how I wanted to redo mine. It is likely the last room in the house to be reno'd, so I may still be waiting for a while.
So there you have it. Stay tuned for pictures of my new lovelies in place!
Happy shopping!



5 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...[Reply to comment]

What gorgeous finds. I love your candlesticks, hopefully the repair will work. They really are fabulous. The plant stand is just perfect. Love it, such pretty legs and carvings. The little bucket is fabulous. I can just see it full or faux eggs, cooking utensils, flowers, plants and a dozen other things. Beautiful accessories for the bathroom too. You did good. Hugs, Marty

Jennifer said...[Reply to comment]

You have good stuff girlfriend!!! Love the bucket!

Jennifer said...[Reply to comment]

I meant to tell you I'm your newest follower!!!!

Andrea said...[Reply to comment]

@Jennifer
Thanks so much Jennifer! I sure appreciate it, and the comments!

Erica said...[Reply to comment]

What gorgeous stuff you got..........sorry about your candlesticks. I too LOVE Home Sense, I have two of them within 15 min. from my home. I try and drive by real fast when I have to go in that direction. Hope you get a trip in soon again. :-)