Sunday, July 11, 2010

SPCA Fundraiser

This past Saturday, I was busy garage saling....but not for myself, for the SPCA. My veterinary hospital and the SPCA teamed up for a fun fundraising day filled with treasures and kids. We asked for garage sale donations from the public, and ended up with a HUGE amount of things for sale. Some were treasures, other were, well, garbage, but we managed to raise $2500 for the SPCA. Yahoo!!!! All SPCA's in North America are feeling the crunch of the economic downturn, and this was our way to help our four legged friends out. Of course, as a veterinarian, this is a cause near and dear to my heart.


I didn't manage to get too many photos of the actual garage sale and we were utterly swamped with people, and I was manning the cash register. Phew, what an exhausting day!

What's a garage sale without a little face painting? Cayla spent the whole day there, and had such fun. Of course, she managed to spend a little of her tooth fairy money on some treasures of her own.
Madelyn (with Blair, my hubby) had a blast also.

There were pony rides by donation also, which was a big hit! Jen, my receptionist at the clinic, brought out her horse Hercules and walked for hours in the 35 degree heat...what a trooper!
Please remember your local animal shelter and SPCA. They need all the help they can get right now! Even if you are unable to donate money, donations of pet food, pet supplies and even your time to walk dogs are all so greatly appreciated.
Alas, I came home empty handed at the garage sale, but am kicking myself for not seeing a beautiful little turned-base table before it sold. There's always next time!
Andrea





2 comments:

Angie said...[Reply to comment]

What a great cause! Adopting a pet from a shelter or rescue group is the only way to go in my opinion!!!

Mommy of Monkeyshines said...[Reply to comment]

Fun blog! Can't wait to see more!