Sunday, August 1, 2010

Festival Fun

Heaven knows, I love a good craft fair. They abound during the Christmas season, and I try to hit each and every one of them in my area. When I found out about the Filberg Festival, a good 1.5 hours away from where I live, I had to check it out. It is a juried Craft fair and festival. Although I ADORE Christmas, it's such fun to go to a non-Christmas craft fair in the summer! This past weekend I packed up my mom & kidlets, and we took the treck to the Filberg. It wasn't a disappointment! The fair is held on a waterfront park. The booths are nestled within the park & on the waterfront. It's gorgeous!

Little paths lead to gardens and to the next group of booths nestled in the flowers.


There are also cabins within the park which house cute little cafes & more wares for sale.

Take a seat and peer out to the sailboats on the ocean. You may even get lucky and see a pod of Orcas.

href="http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_kIzNqU_ilh8/TFWUwCpr37I/AAAAAAAAAXg/cpGTnSy6QHc/s1600/Filberg+004.jpg"> It is a juried event. The artisans produce such gorgeous and unique wares. Here's a picture of a favorite booth. My one purchase came from here!

Here is my find. The items aren't cheap; I saw several pieces over $2000! I paid $75 for this bird feeder, but I love it, so it was well worth it to me!


It can remain out year round without worry of cracking or chipping.


This is the hanging lantern I bought from the same artisan a few years ago. It hangs in my covered patio, and I always get so many comments about it.


Another mini lantern which hangs from a stake in my garden.

Although I'm not naturally drawn to pottery items, I bought this a few years ago. I loved the unique colouration (which doesn't show up well on the computer) and pattern.


Last year I bought this table runner, made out of vintage fabrics. It looks great on my table in the living room.
What I love about these types of fairs, is that you can buy beautiful, unique items that you wouldn't be able to find anywhere else. The best part, however, is the atmosphere of the fair....there's live entertainment, great food, face painting and kids entertainment. Ahhh, I love summer festivals! Now, if only I could find a great antique fair near by.....


1 comments:

Barb~Bella Vista said...[Reply to comment]

Dear Rooster Party Participant,

Just a reminder that this coming Friday, August 6th is the Rooster Party. I am so looking forward to seeing your post.

Thanks for joining and I hope you have a wonderful time.

Hugs, Barb