Sunday, August 29, 2010

Where I Blog

The lovely & talented Kate from Centsational Girl is hosting an impromptu party: Where do you Blog?


While I have a lovely new, fast, fancy desk top computer in my office, I far prefer to use my little netbook in my space: the formal living room. The kids find it entirely too boring in here, and my hubby far prefers to be in a more casual space. When I was a kid, I never quite understood the whole 'formal living room', don't touch, don't go in there idea. Now that I have kids, I.Get.It. So great to have a space that is so me. Where I can get away from it all and relax, catch up on emails and read the wonderful inspiration out there in blogland.


This is the chair that I have claimed for the purpose. So comfy, and the view through the large windows is so pretty.

Of course, I either have my morning coffee, or afternoon tea with me. I am still working on a few refinishing projects for this room, and will then share the entire space. I have had so much fun creating this 'grown-up' (yikes! am I a grown up already?? My, how time flies!!) space & if we ever had to move, I would definately hope for a house with both a formal living room and family room space.

Thank you to Kate for the fun party!

6 comments:

Ellie said...[Reply to comment]

That's great! I'm a living room blogger too, only my kids think I'm there to play with them. Glad your space works as an escape!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...[Reply to comment]

Ooh, I love that chair!!! Unfortunately, my kids seem to roam and overtake the entire downstairs. Maybe I could put in a moat or something? ;) I'm visiting from Kate's "Where I Blog" party. Hope you'll stop by and say hi. :)

Rene said...[Reply to comment]

Your space is lovely and having those windows close must be nice.

-Rene

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...[Reply to comment]

I love your comfy chair! It looks like a really nice room.

Krista@thegatheringplacedesign said...[Reply to comment]

Haha, I escape to my formal living room too! Usually for coffee and reading (blogs or otherwise) Your chair does look cozy and it seems like a bright and 'feel good' space. I hope you are doing well. :)

Krista@thegatheringplacedesign said...[Reply to comment]

I thought I was already a follower of yours!? Well, I'm your newest.;)