Sunday, September 12, 2010

Customizing a Wreath

Remember my new boxwood wreath from this post? Well, it sat patiently awaiting to be spruced up and loved. I had planned to add a monogram, inspired by this beauty.




With the help of the hubby and his tools, we created this "F" monogram. I painted it a charcoal grey and gently distressed it. Here is the finished product:




My love affair with Curly Willow branches continues. I added them, plus some faux fall berries, and a black ribbon. I may change the ribbon to a burnt orange one, but haven't found what I'm looking for yet. The decor was tied on with rafia ribbon, and easily changeble with the season.


Nice to mark another project off the to-do list!



Linking to my favorite parties!


10 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...[Reply to comment]

Andrea, that is very pretty. I love the oval shape of your boxwood wreath.

Creative Decor by Brooke said...[Reply to comment]

I love boxwood wreaths also. Yours turned out beautiful. Love the curly twigs.
Brooke

Brambleberry Cottage said...[Reply to comment]

Great looking wreath, Andrea! I see you have a "handy hubby" also. ;)

Be sure to check out my Tips and Tricks linky party tonight. I'll be featuring your laundry room post. Thanks for linking to the party.

I would love to have you join me for one, or all three, of my parties each week.

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

Erin The Apartment Homesteader said...[Reply to comment]

Nice, I love boxwood. I'm visiting you from Its So Very Cheri's Linky Party and at the same time trying to keep my toddler from dismembering my terrier. Thanks for sharing!

Red Door Home said...[Reply to comment]

Love, love. love the boxwood wreath. They always look wonderful and are not associated with any particular season - making them a great year round choice. Nice touch adding the initial.

Terri @ em-belle-ish.blogspot.com said...[Reply to comment]

Love the oval shape of the wreath... and your embellishments are beautiful.

THANKS SO MUCH for popping over to my site and becoming a follower. I am honoured :)

Nancy said...[Reply to comment]

I am your 90th follower! I love your blog! and I really love your new laundry room too!

Emily {Frilly Details} said...[Reply to comment]

What a gorgeous wreath! I love the oval shape.

Chris said...[Reply to comment]

I have to do this idea! I love the willow branches! Thanks for sharing!

Katherines Corner said...[Reply to comment]

It's lovely. I really like the uniqueness of the oval shaped wreath too. P.S. I hope you will post this on today's Thursday Favorite Things blog Hop. xo