Thursday, October 14, 2010

A Bit of Boo for You!

As far as holidays go, Halloween is a favorite, second only to Christmas. As far as decorating, I don't go all out as I do at Christmas (and I mean all out for Christmas!) but I do like to sprinkle a bit of Halloween fun here and there throughout our home. Here is a sampling of a few of these things:


This candle holder looks great at night, all a'glow!


As does this one. They are filled with pumpkin spice tea lights, of course!



I am not normally drawn to the colour orange, but at this time of year I embrace it.



Love the vibrant orange of this begonia.





I bought this gourd at Michael's last week, half off. It is a real, dried gourd.





Yet another candle holder....this one is a spooky lantern.



Looks like someone is excited for Halloween! She told me she wants to be 'A Fairy Princess, riding a Unicorn' for Halloween. Oh joy. Believe it or not, we found the perfect costume, with the exception that the Unicorn is actually a Unicorn/Pegasus. Even better! Her older sister wants to be 'A Cat'. Phew! Mom breathed a sigh of relief with that one. But she isn't just any ole cat. She's a masquerade cat.



I bought these at Costco years ago. They are fiberoptic, and glow in different colours when turned on. Really cute at night! This is one of my kids favorite Halloween decorations. Mom thinks they may be a bit 'commercial cliche' but it's all about the kids so mom has to put her own taste aside and comply.



Love this book idea from Miss Mustard Seed.



A festive ribbon around my branches. Love these rich, jewel tone autumn colours.




A witches broom propped on the front porch to welcome guests.





What was I thinking with a white handtowel and two young kids? Ah well, it was cute, and only used for about 4 weeks, so what the heck.


A new 'goodie' bowl from Home Sense. I'm trying to be all healthy-like and fill it with fruit. If I put the Halloween candy in it now, there will be nada for our trick-o-treaters come Oct 31st!



My Home Sense Jack-0-lantern.


I glittered these pumpkins last year. I paired it with a few other items for a nice display in our dining room.




Our dining room centerpiece.

Well that is the extent of my Halloween decor. I add a few more items each year, but I don't forsee myself ever going all out as I do at Christmas. I am already starting to think about Christmas. November 1st is the start of the season around these parts.......I know, many of you will think I'm crazy! Christmas trees will come later, but a smattering of Christmas cheer begins right after Halloween.

Wishing everyone a Frightful Night!!


Linking to my favorite Parties!











5 comments:

Marydon said...[Reply to comment]

G'morn, Andrea ~
Your touches of Halloween are wonderful. I only decorate my bay window & the front porch. When the kid-lings were small we decorated far more, of course.

I love the pics of your excited kid-ling ...

Have a beautiful weekend ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Kathy said...[Reply to comment]

I love all your Halloween/autumn decorations scattered beautifully throughout your home. -I like the gourd you got at michael's I saw them yesterday when I was just browsing at my lunch break -I picked it up and heard the seeds rattle -oh so pretty . Thanks for sharing your pictures

HOOTIN' ANNI said...[Reply to comment]

Me too, me too!!! I always get excited about Halloween. Love your decor!

My Show n Tell is my newest Witch for my collection.

The link is HERE I'd love to have you stop by for a visit.

Beverly @ FlamingoToes.com said...[Reply to comment]

Your decorations look great! I love the candle holders and the glittered pumpkings. Really cute!!
~stopping by from Met Monday. :)

Jenny at Henrietta's House said...[Reply to comment]

I definitely need a witch's broom of my own!

I'm hosting a link party so get your best cocktail recipe ready and dust off those glasses! Join the Happy Hour link party this Wednesday!!