Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Day's Events

I'm pretty sure that I am trying for a record here: The longest furniture refinishing project in history. I have been working on this set for my daughters room for months. MONTHS, I tell you! I finished the last of the stripping today. I can honestly say that I care not to see another stripping project any time in the near future. Why strip the piece, you ask? Well, it had 4 layers of paint, all chipping, but not in a nice shabby, chippy way. More in a "I'm leaded paint and I'm here to poison you and your family" kind of way. Ack! Step one is complete. Step 2 is sanding (with a full respirator. Thank goodness my hubby worked in an industrial setting and is qualified to work with such hazardous materials). After the de-leading is complete, we're onto priming, painting (in a lovely cream colour) and distressing/glazing. I'm so looking forward to the finished project!


This set was mine when I was young, and is 110-120 years old!


Another project of the day: The staging ground for the impending Christmas decorating blitz. I sure hope you all, dear readers, enjoy Christmas decor as this blog is about to be full of wonderfuly glittering lights, charming ornaments, vintage and new, rustic goodness and all things Christmas. I absolutely love this time of the year and am so excited to share it with you all! Gotta love this little 'pretend' world of ours. Blogging has been so much fun these past few months. Thank you for coming along on this journey with me!




Stay tuned for project completion of old leady dresser set. One thing is forsure, it's going to be fan-tabulous!




7 comments:

All That Glitters said...[Reply to comment]

look at all of those pretty goodies!

Chrissy said...[Reply to comment]

I am sure the furniture will look gorgeous once it is finished. Your daughter will love it. I sure would.

Looking forward to your christmas decoration ideas.

Erin@likegrandmas said...[Reply to comment]

Can't wait to see it all Andrea!

Finding Home said...[Reply to comment]

Wow, that is a lot of work, but I am sure it will be worth it when it is complete!

barbara@hodge:podge said...[Reply to comment]

I came across your blog via bijou and boheme. Another Canadian, this one closer to home! Your is beautiful! Going to add you to my Canadian blog roll!

I never thought to look at the Pottery Barn catalogue online - used to get it sent to me when I lived in the US, sigh...

Jilly said...[Reply to comment]

I am really very glad after read here and I appreciate for the information that you presented here.
internet watch

Blogger said...[Reply to comment]

I have just downloaded iStripper, and now I enjoy having the hottest virtual strippers on my taskbar.