Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Grateful for Grandma

I have mentioned my Grandmothers house several times in my blog. While I don't have any photos of it to share, I can share several pieces which now live in my home. I love them all as not only are they beautiful, but they are special to me. My Grandma was the queen of thrifting/garage saling. She'd find these pieces and then refinish/reupholster etc and bring them back to beautiful. Here's a little tour of the pieces handed down to me. Thanks Nana!!


This little table may be getting a face-lift. It has some damage to the top, and although I like the finish, it's more the shape of the table I'm drawn to. Perhaps a bit of cream paint, distressing, glazing?




Nana would always keep her Country Living magazines in this basket. It now holds my home decor mags.



My living room table that I just refinished.


Everyone needs a funky cow tray, don't they?





The bean pot, posing as a utensil holder. She used to actually serve baked beans in this pot.






Both the little stand and urn are from Nana.










I always loved these in her house.











Her collection of ceramic pots and pitchers.




This is one classy lamp. I hope to embellish the shade to add some pizazz.






My favorite piece of all, the corner cabinet.








She also refinished this piece. It fits perfectly in this spot.




Some of these pieces may not be exactly 'me', nor what I would have necessarily chosen from a store, but they are so special, and I wouldn't replace them for the world. Love you Nana. XX



Linking to my favorite Parties!

12 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...[Reply to comment]

Oh what fabulous heirlooms. They are all just wonderful. You have them displayed so beautifully in your home. Hugs, Marty

Chrissie said...[Reply to comment]

What gorgeous pieces. You are so fortunate to have such special , memory filled things in your home. Everything looks beautiful!

Something Nice and Pretty said...[Reply to comment]

Just beautiful and you have them in such special places...they look great!

Rondell

Susan said...[Reply to comment]

Your treasures from your nana are just so beautiful!!

Laurie at Turner Farm said...[Reply to comment]

What a blessing to have these treasures to enjoy in your home.

very merry vintage style said...[Reply to comment]

You can tell they made their way to the right person... who loves and treasures them!

Deb said...[Reply to comment]

What precious treasures. I hope someday to have a few of my own Mamaw's things. I am truly blessed to still have a grandparent living. She just turned 99 years old in September!!!

Susan (My Place to Yours) said...[Reply to comment]

What wonderful memories your Nana's pieces hold for you. You've used/displayed them so well... I remember visiting my Grandma and hearing her tell my Mom about what she picked up at The White Elephant. Unfortunately, by the time I was old enough to know that The White Elephant was a place I'd surely love, Grandma was no longer here to share the experience with me. I've often wondered what she would think of some of the "stuff" I've picked up through the years. I think she's probably shaking her head and chuckling!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...[Reply to comment]

What wonderful pieces and memories you have there! I love heirlooms too. The history and meaning of the piece is such a treasure-Thanks so much for sharing this at Feathered Nest Friday! :)

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...[Reply to comment]

precious treasures! and love how you decorate your home with those pretties!

Erin@likegrandmas said...[Reply to comment]

Love your decor, and yes, I'd have to have a funky cow tray!!

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...[Reply to comment]

I love the treasures you got from your Grandmother. I also have many things from different family members around the house and I love them.

I recently found your blog and am enjoying looking at the archived posts.