Sunday, November 14, 2010

Making a List.....

There are always a few people on your Christmas list that are so difficult to buy for. My mother is one of them! She already has a house full of fantastic antiques, and has no need for much else. Well, yesterday as I was purusing the Pottery Barn catalogue online, I found these beauties, which I think will be perfect gifts for her:


She loves tea, and doesn't have a teapot as gorgeous as this. Of course, I'll have hers monogrammed too. Include some gorgeous cups and gourmet tea, and it's a perfect gift.

This rotating picture frame is perfect for the photos I had taken of my girls.

While drooling over the PB catalogue, I also found these cuties, some of which may just make it on to my list.

I figured you could recreate this idea yourself for much less money.


Now I know what to do with all those old, mismatched silver utensils which you can pick up very inexpensively at a thrift store.


I don't think I'd be able to burn these candles...so sweet!


I love their new line of 'Bird Decoupage' which come in a tree skirt, stockings, towels, bedding and more.


They too sell German glitter ornaments, but why buy, when you could make Miss Mustard Seed's version for far less!


Another popular blogging trend is the use of sheet music. Love these candles. I so wish I had kept up an instrument and still could read sheet music.


A classy bottle stopper for the wine lover on your list. Monogrammable too!


I am loving these plates, decorated in a 12 days of Christmas theme. The $99 price tag for 12 dessert/salad plates, however, I am not in love with.


Ditto for these gorgeous matching ornaments, at $69 for 12.

Much of my Christmas shopping is being done online this year, which is something new to me. I love to actually visit the stores, and make a day of shopping, but sometimes you can just buy more unique, customized gifts online. Especially if you live in a smaller town with no large shopping areas near by, as I do.

Happy shopping!

6 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...[Reply to comment]

Oh I saw all of these and drooled over them also. Such fabulous eye candy. I LOVE the teapot. What a fabulous gift. Hugs, Marty

La Vie Quotidienne said...[Reply to comment]

My goodness...what lovely things, I must pick up a catalogue just to look...and you are right, some of them could be duplicated. Thanks for the ideas!

Kristen White said...[Reply to comment]

Some of the same things made it on to my wish list :o) Your mom will love the silver teapot...it is gorgeous!
Kristen

Erin@likegrandmas said...[Reply to comment]

Love what you have shown us Andrea, and did you see Vicki(rusty rooster vintage's take on those ornaments?) Always love to see what you post:)

Connie @ SogniESorrisi said...[Reply to comment]

My mother is also impossible to buy for! Love your teapot idea...if only my mother drank tea!

masakalia said...[Reply to comment]
This comment has been removed by the author.