Thursday, December 16, 2010

Enjoying the Christmas Season: Our Favorite ways to Celebrate

I'm now at the point in the season that I can actually slow down and enjoy the Christmas festivities. Gifts are bought and wrapped, house is decorated in all it's sparkling finest, cookies are baked, and advent is in full swing.
Over the next few days, I will share with you my favorites of the season, for it is all too short, and soon it will be on to planning for the New Year ahead!

I present to you, in random order, my favorite things that the Christmas season brings to our family each year:

Festive Favorite #1:

 
Brandy Slush


Oh so sweet, oh so delicious!

Recipe:

8 cups water
1.5 cups sugar
6 teabags
1 lg can frozen orange juice
1 lg can frozen lemonade
2 cups apricot or peach Brandy

Boil water and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Cool.
Steep teabags in 2 cups of boiling water. Cool.
Put all ingredients in ice cream pail, or large container and stir. Place in freezer for 24 hours.

Put 2 scoops of slush in glass, and fill with Sprite or Ginger Ale and enjoy!

I have many friends who insist on this seasonal favorite year after year. Try it this year, and tell me what you think!

What are you favorite seasonal drinks?

As a side note, when one must prepare a Brandy Slush at 8am in order to take a blog photo, it is only appropriate to drink aforementioned slush so it not go to waste.  It works in delightful combination with toast!

On another side note, I'm rockin the Canon Rebel!  I love how my pictures have improved.  Today I did not need the use of Picnik, but I'm having fun experimenting with it as well!  Thank you to all of you who wrote me with suggestions on improving my photographs!

8 comments:

Marydon said...[Reply to comment]

The only thing I'd break with breakfast would be Dom Perignon ... salute!

Have a lovely winter's day ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Carol@SofasandSage.com said...[Reply to comment]

I've just come over from French Country Cottage. I'll take one of those with breadfast any day between now and Christmas!! :)

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...[Reply to comment]

Sounds so good. Right now I am cold, so maybe some hot chocolate. Hugs. Marty

Marla @ Always Nesting said...[Reply to comment]

sounds delicious!

KathyB. said...[Reply to comment]

Oh yum! I like your random order~

Mari said...[Reply to comment]

Hope you've recovered from THAT Breakfast combo!
This is definitely being made for Christmas eve...Just maybe we'll leave some for the Big Red Guy?!!! Ya Right!
Thanks for sharing.

Would love you to link it up to my premier Food Fight Link party!
http://choochmagooz.blogspot.com/2010/12/food-fight-friday-vanilla-kipferl.html
Happy Holidays
Mari

HOOTIN' ANNI said...[Reply to comment]

Mmmmmmmmmmm, I'm drooling here!!! Sad part is tho, it IS 5 o'clock...but the fact it's 5 A.M. is sad. LOLOL

My Show n Tell Link - A Jim Shore Find

Do stop by and say 'hi' if you can find time. Have a great week ahead.

Shannon said...[Reply to comment]

This sounds so delicious!