Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Festive Greenery

This year I've used a lot of greenery in my Christmas decor. I use fresh whenever possible, but like to add to it some interesting garlands, branches etc.

I had a 'spare' corner in my living room, that this arrangement fit into quite nicely.


I used an umbrella stand to place Rosehip, evergreen and berry branches (all real) and placed several different garlands around it to embellish it.



All of the garlands were bought for a great price at Home Sense.



I love these drooping crystal ball garlands!



The red berries are both rosehips and berry branches. I hid a vase with water in the umbrella stand, but these should actually dry as the weeks pass and last well after Christmas (at least according to the florist!).



Santa looks quite at home nestled beside my festive greenery!

With the decorating and wrapping complete, I'm moving on to baking and making merry. Stay tuned for pictures and ideas from a get together we're hosting Friday night!


Linking to my favorite Parties!



4 comments:

Erin@likegrandmas said...[Reply to comment]

Love how it looks like the icicles that are hanging off my Crimson Barberry bushes!!

Colleen @ MuralMaker&More said...[Reply to comment]

Nothing can replace live greenery, IMHO. And I use a ton of artificial. But I always try to add the real stuff too.

Just love the combination you chose. Lovely. Thanks for stopping by! So appreciated.

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...[Reply to comment]

Loving this~ I love to use real branches - they smell so good! Your arrangement is lovely~ Thanks for sharing at my party!

shopgirl said...[Reply to comment]

I love your Christmas tree!! Beautiful home by the way :-)).

Rambles with Reese