Saturday, December 18, 2010

Our Favorite Ways to Celebrate #3

Festive Favorite #3

Baking




Each year I spend the weeks before the big day baking up sweet and savory delights, and this year is no exception.  On the list today is Christmas Sandwich Cremes, Butterscotch Icebox Cookies, and Browned Butter Sugar Cookies.  I usually bake about 6-10 different types of cookies, homemade Nut's and Bolt's (not exactly a baked good, but worth a mention as it's sooo buttery delish!), and many other delicious bites.

I try to add a few new recipes each year, but am sure to keep the family favorites also.

Some of my clearest memories of Christmas at my Grandparent's home is the glorious food and baking that was created lovingly by my Grandma.  I hope that my children too, will think back fondly on Mom's Christmas baking!

What do you bake each and every year?  Do you have treasured family recipes, or try new each year, or say to heck with it and buy from the bakery?

3 comments:

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...[Reply to comment]

Baking is one my traditions too. I always bake choc chip cookies no matter because my kids like them so much. The rest is random. Normally I make candy but this year I'm skipping it. I was too busy working. The candy was more for me than anyone else. Kids would rather have a bag of m and m's.
Have a fun day!
Tammy

Jane and Lou said...[Reply to comment]

I'm sure your children will remember your baking fondly - this is the stuff of memories:) Have a lovely Christmas, Jane.

sharon said...[Reply to comment]

Hi Andrea, This is exactly what I thought to do today. There is SO MUCH snow outside that going anywhere is impossible, so I may as well bake ahead for next weekend. English mince pies of course, but also a selection of little biscuits.
Thank you for stopping by and leaving your kind commnent.
Sharon
My French Country Home