Sunday, December 19, 2010

Our Favorite Ways to Celebrate #4

Festive Favorite #4

Cozy Nights by the Fire

When else do you have a license to laze about longingly staring into a blazing fire, for hours on end?  I find it mesmerizing to watch the flames lick the logs, and feel the warmth on my cheeks.  Ok, ok, so we have a gas fireplace in this house, but certainly hope for a wood burning one in our next!



We love to watch our favorite Christmas movie (Alastair Sim's Scrooge is an annual Christmas Eve tradition), play a family game, or work on a jigsaw puzzle.  I long to sit under a cozy blanket and cross stitch, or perhaps finish that binding on my latest quilt.  Lights are dimmed, and sweetly scented candles are burning.  Oh, how I love these cozy wintery nights.

3 comments:

christine {bijouandboheme} said...[Reply to comment]

Sounds so cozy- a perfect wintery night indeed- and I love Scrooge as well, though my favourite will always be Miracle on 34th Street:)

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...[Reply to comment]

Nothing like a cozy fire for sure! Love it!

Terri @ em-belle-ish.blogspot.com said...[Reply to comment]

Love staring at a fire too. When I was about 5 years old my dad started a game with me where we would look at the fire to find the letters. We would take turns looking for the letters in order until we had gone through the whole alphabet. It doesn't sound like much, but it is one of my favorite childhood memories.

Merry Christmas to you and yours!