Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Our Favorite Ways to Celebrate #6

Festive Favorites #6

Christmas Decorations

My second most absolute favoritist(ist) part of Christmas!  You've probably seen many of my decorations and tree already, but I can't resist a few more pictures for you.














Many of my friends don't understand why I spend so much time decorating my house, but it's one of the most special parts of the season for our family.  I love it when a child (or adult for that matter) comes into our home, and their eyes widen in delight at all the pretty, sparkly things.  I know my children will remember it fondly too.

4 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...[Reply to comment]

I feel the same way about the decorations. I can't wait to see my granddaughters eyes when they get here Thursday. You can share your decorations all you want. Your home is beautifully decked out!

GWENDOLYN KAY said...[Reply to comment]

I love all your decor. So lovely and charming. Are those paper whites in the silver bowl? I am patiently waiting for my amyrillis to bloom.
Blessings~
Gwenny

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...[Reply to comment]

Beautiful! That tree is amazing.

Merry Christmas!
Melissa

Sue said...[Reply to comment]

Andrea, Re: your remark about some of your friends' reactions to your holiday decorating- I always decorated the house to the hilt even before we had our son! People wondered why I bothered, since there was no one to enjoy it but ourselves. Well, my reply to them was that I did it because it made us feel good.
While growing up, I know our son loved that we had multiple trees and tons of decorations throughout the house. He's away from home now, but I didn't give it a thought as to whether or not we would put up our decorations this year. I like the "warm and fuzzy feeling" that I get from knowing that my home looks exactly the way I want it to. And the husband wouldn't have it any other way! I think he was a little disappointed that, due to time constraints, only 3 of our 8 trees got put up! LOL
You have such wonderful holiday decorations and the tree looks so lush. So don't you ever stop your holiday decorating!
Merry Christmas ~ Sue