Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Our Favorite Ways to Celebrate #7

Festive Favorite #7

A Beautifully Wrapped Gift

I have a confession.  There is one (and only one) thing that I don't love doing at Christmas:  Wrapping Gifts.  I have no patience for it, and while I try to choose beautiful papers and use ribbon, rather than a pre-fab bow, that's as far as I go. 

I do, however, love and appreciate a beautifully wrapped gift.  My mother has an incredible talent for wrapping (she's renowned for it) and I delight in seeing her wrapped creations each year.  Her gifts are often adorned with ornaments, embellished with greenery, or tied in the finest ribbons:



Are you an elaborate wrapper, or do you prefer the ease of a gift bag?



3 comments:

Krista@thegatheringplacedesign said...[Reply to comment]

Beautiful! My mom has always been a great gift wrapper too. I do love a pretty gift. I always start wrapping nicely with unique toppers, etc, but then I get crazy and tired and the gifts end up being tossed in gift bags. ;) Happy wrapping and Merry Christmas!

GWENDOLYN KAY said...[Reply to comment]

What a beautifully wrapped package. I am a simple girl, paper and a tag, that's it, or a bag with tissue paper. I am so glad they make pretty bags.
Blessings~
Gwenny

christine {bijouandboheme} said...[Reply to comment]

Oh how I would love to see your mom again- her wrapping is so gorgeous..please tell her I am very impressed a big warm hug to go with it. I love wrapping and do like to make them all pretty. Having said that, a marathon wrap like I did today isn't my idea of a party. If I could space things out more, I'd love it.