Monday, January 17, 2011

The 3 Things I Love Most about Blogging

1. The Amazing Inspiration

How many of you are amazed at the wealth of knowledge, creativity and inspiration out there?  I used to garner inspiration from decor shows, magazines, and gorgeous stores, but they don't even come close to all the ideas I've gotten from blogging.  I think I may have even inspired a person or two from this blog, which is beyond cool!

 Layla, from the Lettered Cottage's Master Bedroom re-do


The Nester's Home Office

Red Door Home's Basement
2. The Motivation

How many times, have I procrastinated on a project, but then thought to myself: so and so, from this and that blog did it, so I can too, or this would make a great blog topic, so I'm going to push through to the finish. Bloggers are real people, with real, busy lives.  They often have kids, or grandkids, some with jobs, full or part time, yet we all seem to motivate each other to do what we love and work it into our days.  Even my husband is amazed at how I push through a project as I want to get onto the next great idea (which I of course read in someones blog).

Miss Mustard Seed's Living Room.  How does she do it all???



3. The Connections and Friends you Make

Is it just me, or do you feel like you sorta know these people?  I have only seen pictures, exchanged comments or a few emails, but you bloggers have strangely (and wonderfully) become a part of my life.  How weird is that?  Virtual friends, maybe, but you all feel so much more 'real' to me. 

Thank you truly, for giving me inspiration, motivation, and most importantly, friendship.  I appreciate each and every one of you who take the time to read this little blog!



7 comments:

SandyR said...[Reply to comment]

I couldnt agree more. Its amazing how we can inspire and be inspired through networking and getting to know others x

Tammy@beatrice banks said...[Reply to comment]

Such a sweet post. I totally agree with each of your sentiments. That's what keeps me blogging even though sometimes I feel it's taking too much of my time. The returns are truly rewarding! Glad to be one of your blogging friends!

Cozy Home Scenes said...[Reply to comment]

I know what you mean. When I started blogging, I never thought I'd enjoy it as much as I do. So many of you are so talented that it's hard to decorate my own house because I want to borrow so many ideas. I'm glad I've gotten to know all my blogging friends too because you all are such wonderful ladies.

christine {bijouandboheme} said...[Reply to comment]

Beautiful post Andrea and I agree, totally amazed at what blogging has brought to my life- fabulous. One of the best things of course, is it's helped us to reconnect and I'm so so happy for just that alone. xo

Annie Wilcox Designs said...[Reply to comment]

I so enjoy reading your blog. I am experiencing the same things with my small little blog. Thanks for all that you do.

Sue said...[Reply to comment]

Although I often lament that blogging takes so much of my time- what with reading, posting, & commenting- I just can't stop! I do need to re-evaluate my time-management, however. It's just that I don't want to miss a thing. :-)
Blogs are the magazines of the yesterday! I've met such wonderful friends- some of them in person! And I've been inspired by the creativity and talents of so many. We are kindred souls!
~ Sue

Divena Lachana said...[Reply to comment]

The room looks so pretty. What a fantastic find.online beds company