Thursday, January 27, 2011

An Inexpensive Fix, a Project, and some Boxes

Phew, these are crazy times round these parts! Between figuring out where we'll be moving, and getting our home market ready, there's no rest for the wicked!

Today I thought I'd give you a sneak peak of what I've been working on:



This bathroom cabinet is solid Oak, and in decent shape. However, the top is hideous (cracked, cultured marble-ick!), and I am not a fan of the colour of the stain and the prominent grain of the wood. Keep in mind, we're very budget concious, and need this done FAST. We headed out to home depot and found this Granite top with an undermount sink for $249. How can you go wrong? Sure less expensive than buying a whole new unit.


I plan on painting the wood a dark espresso finish, and spraying the handles. I'm not a fan of the shape of the handles, however, they are an odd size, and rather than filling holes and redrilling new ones, I opted for the lazy solution and will paint these.


Stay tuned for the reveal of the bathroom make over next week!

I've also been working on this dresser set for my daughter. I'm almost ready to distress and glaze it (it's only been about 6 months!).



Finally, I'm up to my eyeballs in these. While I'm not packing everything, I'm trying to de-clutter and pack up closets etc. That way, it will be more saleable, but also give me a jump start on packing.



I'll be back soon with some reveals, and progress on my home search (we're heading down to Victoria next week to view some promising homes, and I plan on taking you along with me!).



8 comments:

Shelia said...[Reply to comment]

Good luck with your bathroom project! I know it's going to look wonderful.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...[Reply to comment]

The bathroom is going to be gorgeous. Love the granite. The bedroom set is so pretty. Good luck with the projects. Hugs, Marty

Chandra Chinnis said...[Reply to comment]

I like the new top and the dresser for your daughter. I have been searching for a new dresser for my daughter for her new big girl room. I haven't found a wood one yet but will keep looking.
www.mysouthernlife.blogspot.com

Chrissy said...[Reply to comment]

I can't wait to see your bathroom reveal, bet it will look just fabulous. Boy, you are one busy girl, with all of these projects going on :) Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your nice comment and I am now a follower.

Erin said...[Reply to comment]

Oooh, can't wait to see!!!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...[Reply to comment]

Hi Andrea, Great choice on the granite top. Best of luck with selling your home. I know how much work is involved. The dresser set is adorable.
Hugs,
Sherry

Colleen @ MuralMaker&More said...[Reply to comment]

Hi Andrea! This is my first visit to your blog, but I'll be back - love it! I just moved last fall. I'm so sorry for you. Hope you have a better time than I did.

I hope you'll link up your bath vanity and your daughter's stuff to Passion for Paint. Any weekend - we'll be there!

Good luck with the move!

Simple Dwellings said...[Reply to comment]

I'm glad I found your blog! Sounds like there's exciting times ahead for you! I can't wait to see how the vanity and dresser come out.