Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Paint Colours Around my Home

The Nester is hosting an impromptu Paint Colour Party. I thought I'd join in, as I too get a lot of requests for paint colours that I've used in my home.

I am a fan of Benjamin Moore paint. I love the quality, and the colours. All of the following paint colours are from Benny Moore.






My kitchen, family room, breakfast nook, laundry room and entry way are all Nordic Grey. It is quite a dark colour, but it's the perfect contrast to the light cabinetry in the kitchen, and white wainscotting in the entry. The kitchen cabinets and all trim in the kitchen is Marble White. This is the perfect creamy white. The trim in the rest of the house is Cloud White.


My Living Room and Dining Room are Seaspray.  I usually go for darker colours, but I've gotta tell ya, I love this light, creamy colour.  In certain lights it's a soft yellow, in others it's a taupe.  I plan on using this in my new home as well.

My daughter's room is Pink Pebble.  It's the perfect earthy pink, which is sure to please the little girl in your life, yet not be too little-girl-pink for Mom!
I'm am enjoying all the grey toned rooms I've been seeing, and see myself tending towards more cool grey's and blues in my next home. Then again, I do love these colours in my current home also, so I may just repaint my new home in entirely the same palette.

6 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...[Reply to comment]

All of your rooms are gorgeous and the colors are stunning. Beautiful. Hugs, Marty

Laura Burciaga said...[Reply to comment]

Beautiful home! Looks so inviting!!

Atelier de Charo said...[Reply to comment]

Wonderful colors, so lovely home!

Hugs
Charo

BJ said...[Reply to comment]

Gorgeous.. your kitchen is similar to mine..

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...[Reply to comment]

Hi Andrea, Your home is beautiful and I love each color you chose. I am your newest follower.
Hugs,
Sherry

Tammy@beatrice banks said...[Reply to comment]

I'll join the others in saying, your home is gorgeous! Surely I've taken your home tour before but I'm about to do it again. Thanks for sharing!