Thursday, February 3, 2011

Spring Dreams

There's nothing like a soft pink Begonia, to get me in the mood for Spring:


Wait, what's this I see?  Blessed Daffodils, making their first appearance. 



And the Heather's blooms whisper to us, "It won't be long now".....



Why is it that in the summer, we yearn for a Winter's chill and warm, cozy nights, yet in Winter, all we dream about is the chirping of the birds to awaken us on a sweetly scented Spring morning?
While I am trying to enjoy and embrace the current season, there is little doubt that I anxiously await the next.

4 comments:

christine {bijouandboheme} said...[Reply to comment]

I wish it could be spring or fall all the time- love the moderate nature of both- I can't believe you see even a hint of flowers growing- we're under piles of snow:(

Terri @ em-belle-ish.blogspot.com said...[Reply to comment]

So lovely for you to see signs of spring :) Thanks for sharing with the rest of us who will be waiting a bit yet.

KATHY said...[Reply to comment]

What a beautiful sight!! Spring!!!

Kathy

Susan (My Place to Yours) said...[Reply to comment]

Andrea, I was so excited recently when I saw the daffodils coming up -- and this week I saw tulips peeking out of the ground! Spring will be here soon. :-)