Monday, March 7, 2011

The Ugly side of Moving

As I read all these wonderful blog posts on those amazing finds, refinishing projects and cute spring and Easter crafts, I find myself doing none of the above. Instead, I purge.  The main house is de-cluttered, clean and looking real estate market fresh, but my dirty little secret lies in the Guest House in back. This is my staging ground for our (a joint effort with my mother and myself) upcoming garage sale. I tell ya, I'm this close to calling it quits and calling in the GW to take it all away. I did promise my girls, however, that the proceeds of this garage sale will go towards a new outdoor play structure when we move, so I will plod along and get this sale done!

Ready for the ugly (and embarrassing!) collection of crapola that I have acquired over the years?

Oh for the love of Grace, how, how, did this happen? I love to purge, I am not a collector of things, I am not a hoarder.

In my defence, some of this is my mother's, but admittedly, most of this is mine.  ugh. It's easy to hide all this crap when you have a guest house in back.  Next home we buy, no guest house.  No way, I'm not allowed.


I've filled a small room with boxes, already, and you can't even tell that I've removed anything from my home (it's mainly just de-cluttering and emptying cupboards).



I sure hope we have one mother of a garage sale!  We are slated for April 16, and what doesn't sell is promptly donated to GW. We have to get this stuff sorted, priced and laid out nicely by then.


There's more stuff around every corner!
On a good note, my craft room is mostly packed.



I will feel so much better once this garage sale is done, and my soul is cleansed!

Sorry for the boring post, but I wanted to share what I've been up to this past week.  My week has been one giant junk cleanse. 

Tomorrow I have a few pictures of some cute things that I managed to acquire during this process.  More on that later!

3 comments:

Martina said...[Reply to comment]

Andrea people are going to be very lucky when they come to your garage sale and bring home some of the beauties you've collected over the years!

Terri said...[Reply to comment]

Wow, I can tell you've been hard at work! Do you ever use craigslist? I've found some good stuff listed in the garage sales category. Post a few pics of things and you'll draw a much larger crowd.... Whenever I list anything on craigslist, I get tons of calls. And it's FREE!

Ashly@Moon Walk said...[Reply to comment]

Wow! That will sure be one BIG garage sale. Good luck!