Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The upside to purging (?)

Besides the obvious positives to purging and downsizing, I managed to find a few cool pieces that my mother gave to me (wait, is this the route of my troubles?  I actually acquired more stuff from purging!). 

I am anxious to get these new pieces into our new home and work on revamping them:


(see all that junk in the mirrors!  ugh! please look past it to admire the prettiness of the armoire only-remember, this is still amongst the junk in my Guest house :)


This is the new armoire for our bedroom.  I will change the hardware, but otherwise love the finish.  My grandmother refinished this, and my mother handed it down to me.  I will photograph it again when it's in our new home and show you the fabulous detailing.  This picture doesn't do it justice.



This was bought at a garage sale for $30.  It is the perfect cabinet for my quilting fabric.  It just needs a cleaning and perhaps some white paint?  We'll have to see!

Love the little handle.....


And the details.


I spotted this old Coke crate, and my Mom told me to take it.  A perfect, rustic addition for the family room, perhaps.

I also scored a funky lamp, a foot stool and a few other odds and ends.  I'm anxious to find new homes for them in our next house! It's sure handy having a Mom who loves to second hand shop, and pass down her treasures!


5 comments:

Pamela said...[Reply to comment]

Those are some great pieces Andrea!!
I find it so daunting trying to decide what to get rid of. Hopefully we won't be moving for a couple years!
Twice in one year was too much for me!!
Happy packing!!

Tammy said...[Reply to comment]

Andrea- I love that garage sale find cabinet! I need one just like that for my art/jewelry supplies! The armoire is beautiful ...will be anxious to see the after pic! I love the treasures I have that were passed down from my family members!
I'm purging a load of stuff this week at a consignment sale ... feels great!
Have a wonderful week!
Tammy :-)
JUNK WILD

Terri @ em-belle-ish.blogspot.com said...[Reply to comment]

Oooooo. I'm drooling :)

Josefa Lunares said...[Reply to comment]

hola me gustan los muebles de tu madre seguro que en casa te quedan genial porque no poner el traductor google para poder traducir tus frases a la vez que ir mirando las fotos?? Seria de gran ayuda. gracias.

Pat said...[Reply to comment]

Beautiful pieces Andrea. Looking forward to seeing how you use them!