Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Quilted Fairies

What little girl doesn't love pink, or fairies?  Well, even my eldest, who's best day would look something like collecting worms and frogs, and getting as dirty as possible, loves these little girl icons.

I figured it was high time to make a lap quilt for my girls.  I have always loved Flower Fairies, even as a child, and fell in love with Michael Miller's Flower Fairy fabric.  A new quilt, well two new quilts, to be exact, were born:

The back is oh, so cozy with Cuddles backing.  You can clearly see the quilted fairies.












Each one is appliqued with their initials, so there's no arguing over each others quilts =)

8 comments:

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...[Reply to comment]

Adorable! I can see many hours of snuggling with those sweet fairy blankets.

Pamela said...[Reply to comment]

OH Andrea i am completely impressed!! I know how much work goes into making a quilt. This is just lovely!!! Lucky girls!

Are you in your new home yet? How are you liking the Alberta climate?

christine {bijouandboheme} said...[Reply to comment]

Are you serious??? You made these? Amazing Andrea- I'm sure you're girls are in LOVE with their new beautiful quilts!!

A Rosy Note said...[Reply to comment]

That quilt is beautiful Andrea, you're so talented. I don't think I would have the patience to make something like that :)

~Tricia

for the love of a house said...[Reply to comment]

absolutely beautiful! what a labor of love and what treasures for your girls!

happy weekend!
joan

p.s. thank you for your lovely commment!

Jan said...[Reply to comment]

I love it & the quilting on it is beautiful!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...[Reply to comment]

Hi Andrea, Thank you for sharing your beautiful quilts at my Open House party! I bet the girls love them.
Hugs,
Sherry

Becca said...[Reply to comment]

Amazing talent, Andrea ... the lap quilts are beautiful! Lucky kiddos, for sure!