Friday, May 27, 2011

Denby

I adore my Denby dishes. I adore them so much, they are worthy of an entire blog post.



I was lucky enough to inherit my Grandmother's Florentine Blue fine china. Gorgeous, yes, but not daily use friendly. Not only are they just so dang expensive, but the pattern is certainly more formal, and not in keeping with a casual everyday family meal.




For my wedding, I added Denby's Regency Green to my gift registry, and am so, so glad I did. I was married 5 years ago, and not a single piece has chipped. They are incredibly durable. These are our everyday use dishes, and have survived life in a busy family.




I have a set of 12 (I don't think you could ever have too many sets!), and have found that if you sign up to the Denby web site, they will email out great sales. I have ordered several pieces this way.

Do you use Denby? What is your favorite pattern?


6 comments:

Pamela said...[Reply to comment]

I love love Denby and i don't have one piece! This is so unusual for me being a Chinaholic lol !
I love all the colours even the soft blues.
I used to see alot of sets at HomeSense back in Ontario
i should keep my eye out here for any.
Good to know they are durable!
I really like the colours you have Andrea!

Krista@TheGatheringPlaceDesign said...[Reply to comment]

Your Grandmother's dishes are beautiful and I LOVE the ones you chose for your wedding registery! I don't have any Denby, but I'm going to go check out the website...I am in need of a pretty and durable everyday set. Thanks!

I hope all is well in your world. Have a great weekend:)

greta said...[Reply to comment]

I just inherited my mother's Denby. Her set is about 35 years old and still going strong. I recently purchased a white set for myself. There is a big difference from the old dishes. I have already chipped 3 of my plates in less than a year. I purchased the white Denby because I knew how strong it was since my mother's lasted so long. Oh well, I still love it. Enjoy yours! Greta

Kirsty said...[Reply to comment]

Oo I love those last ones! :)

Chookie said...[Reply to comment]

That Florentine Blue -- I took one look and said "Wedgwood", and I'm not a china enthusiast! It's so refined-looking. I love the colour of your Denby too!
My own everyday china is Johnson Bros' "Indies", which is now discontinued, unfortunately. Mine is chipped, though, courtesy of a little boy helping Daddy with the washing-up!

Cory said...[Reply to comment]

Thats a beautiful set. I want to learn to make Denby-like dish sets.