Monday, May 9, 2011

Inspired by: Urns

My most recent urn purchases made me realize that I have quite a few of these beauties in both my indoor and outdoor spaces. 



This is my most recent purchase, filled with one of my favorites, Hydrangeas



Here are two more I purchased, awaiting a new spot once we move.



This is my wire urn I decorated with branches for Christmas.  In fact, I leave the branches in year round, and just added the bell branches and the bow for Christmas.

Here are a few beautiful examples I found when searching for ideas on how to decorate with Urns:




Prize Antiques.com

Source Unknown


 Shelly B. Decor and More


Spring and summer ideas abound.  Urns are not just for outdoor use!



Country Living


 Centsational Girl

Pumpkins are a natural fit atop these urns. I certainly plan on gilding a few pumpkins this fall, inspired by this fab arrangment by Centsational Girl.



The Inspired Room


Source Unknown

 Source: Unknown

Of course, festive Christmas ideas for urns abound.  Check out the vignette from House Martin, as seen on Melissa's blog, The Inspired Room.  LOVE it!  Oh my, another idea for my to-do list this winter!

How about you?  Do you decorate with Urns?  I'd love to see your ideas and inspiration for Urn Decor!

Linking to my favorite Parties!

7 comments:

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...[Reply to comment]

I love urns! Yours with the hydrangeas is beautiful! Are you packing yet? I always dread that part.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...[Reply to comment]

I love to decorate with urns Andrea, and yours I LOVE!! Martina

AntiqueChase said...[Reply to comment]

I love urns and don't think you can have too many! Visiting your from Savvy Southern Style. I linked an Urn too... great minds!!

vignette design said...[Reply to comment]

I can't pass up a great urn either. They are so fun to decorate with. Yours are beautiful! ~Delores

Red Door Home said...[Reply to comment]

I am most definitely an urn person. I mostly have them outside but I do have a few inside as well.

Something Nice and Pretty said...[Reply to comment]

The urns are great, I have one that I found at GW and it has faux grass in it! I'll have to remember about the pumpkins come fall:)


Rondell

Rosemary@villabarnes said...[Reply to comment]

I love urns. They have a multitude of uses. You can never have too many.