Friday, July 29, 2011

My Favorite Painting

I am not an art snob. I really don`t care if it`s original, or cut out of a pretty calender and framed. However, having said that, I do find something extra special in original art. I wonder about the artist, and what made him/her paint that particular scene. I wonder who it was for, and how it ultimately made its way to me. One of my favorite pieces is this original that my mom found at a garage sale. I admired it for years, until one day she had it framed and put it under the Christmas tree for me. One of my favorite gifts, I tell ya.


I just love the subject matter, and the soft delicate watercolours. Enlarge to see the signature, dated 1921.




One of my favorite blogs, For the Love of a House, has many beautiful original works of art.  It inspires me to search for more to add to my collection.

Linking my favorite picture to my favorite Parties!

7 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...[Reply to comment]

Very pretty! It looks like the light is shining through! I love originals, too. How sweet of your mother to have it framed for you!

Have a great weekend, Andrea!

XO,
Janie

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...[Reply to comment]

What a beautiful gift from mom!! Martina

Pamela said...[Reply to comment]

I can see why you love this painting Andrea! I love the subject. This is going to look lovely in your new home!

Dear Lillie said...[Reply to comment]

Beautiful!

Amy @MaisonDecor said...[Reply to comment]

Very nice!

Jilly said...[Reply to comment]

These are so beautiful and exquisite. It is best to keep in dinning room or kids room, that first one is my favorite and like to buy.
SEO in Miami

esss said...[Reply to comment]

Your photos are giving back the mood of the event. Thank you!
College Essays