Friday, September 30, 2011

Homemaking

Today, I celebrate the day with all things homemaking. I have tidied the house, puttered, played with my 4 year old, and made a favorite pot of soup. You see, I do this all in the celebration of a woman's life, who's favorite days were filled with these seemingly mundane activities.


My Grandmother, whose furniture you've heard me talk about time and again, passed away this morning. She had a glorious home filled with antique treasures, and always the scents of wonderful home made foods. Everyone in our family loved her warm and welcoming home. I recall that she used to take photos of her house, and all the rooms and accessories. I used to think this was very strange, yet look at all the photos that I take of my own home now. I think my Grandma would have been a home decor blogger if only it was around in her time! Her favorite thing to do was putter in her home, and celebrate the art of homemaking. Today, I felt it only right to do this in her honour; after all, it's one of my favorite ways to spend a day too.

Miss you Grandma, but happy you are not suffering any longer, and are in a better place.


(Also, a quick note to let you all know that I seem to be jinxed in the past few days with leaving any comments on blogger. The occasional comment gets through, but most just poof off my screen once I submit the comment. I try again and again, reboot etc but to no avail. Has anyone had this happen to them, or know how to fix it?)

6 comments:

All That Glitters said...[Reply to comment]

Sending lots of thoughts your way.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...[Reply to comment]

Andrea I am so sorry for your loss! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Martina

Mama Sue said...[Reply to comment]

Andrea, I am so sorry for your loss. I still miss my grandmothers so much. Amazing what an influence they can have on our lives.
About the leaving comments thing...try updating your explorer or changing to google chrome. I did that and also uncheck the box to stay signed in. After searching a little about the problem on Blogger, I did these two things and now I can comment.

Lynnifer said...[Reply to comment]

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandma, and I imagine she will enjoy watching you revisiting memories as you look through the photos she took, knowing that you will perhaps have a keener appreciation than most of the pleasure she had in homemaking.

christine {bijouandboheme} said...[Reply to comment]

So sorry to hear about your Grandma Andrea- sending many hugs your way. xoxo

HOPE said...[Reply to comment]

I'm glad I found your blog by way of anothers list..I love homemaking...ideas...and decor.

A lovely tribute to your Grandma...I'm sure she would have had a fabulous blog filled with helpful and inspiring post. Yours is.

Love the pics...and plan to visit again. Thank you.

HOPE