Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Hydrangeas

It seems I have a love affair with hydrangeas. I have them dried, all over my house. Many of these dried arrangments are from my Grandmother's house. They were cut and dried 25 years ago and are still gorgeous!

I recently filled an urn near the front entry with a faux variety. I'll have to go faux until we're able to get our gardens in order and plant some real ones!





Whether fresh, faux, or dried, Hydrangeas make a beautiful addition to any home. I admittedly love the fact that I don't have to try to keep these ones alive.....my green thumb has proven a tad untrustworthy as far as indoor plants are concerned.

Have a wonderful day!



9 comments:

Marydon said...[Reply to comment]

Love your presentation, Andrea. Hydrangeas are gorgeous ... dead, I mean dried or alive! Chuckle.

Have a beautiful day ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Jenny said...[Reply to comment]

I love hydrangeas and yours look beautiful. I'm bummed out that mine didn't cooperate much this year. Don't know what happened. Got all excited at one HUGE bloom I got off of one of my plants, but then it was all downhill from there. Maybe next year. :-)

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...[Reply to comment]

Andrea, those really look real. I love that urn.

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...[Reply to comment]

Those are so pretty Andrea. I love hydrangeas too. We have a lot of bushes in our backyard and our former tenants nearly destroyed them. I have no idea how but they just looked horrible when we returned. I'm really hoping they come back in the spring. Pretty urn you have there too!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...[Reply to comment]

GORGEOUS Andrea!! They look so real. I love the way that whole area looks! Martina

Ruthie said...[Reply to comment]

Beautiful! I love love love hydrangeas myself! They look just lovely in your entry! :)

All That Glitters said...[Reply to comment]

These look gorgeous!

Krista@TheGatheringPlaceDesign said...[Reply to comment]

Beautiful dispay, Andrea! I love hydrangeas as well. So cool that the dried flowers from your grandmother have lasted so well!

Kelly said...[Reply to comment]

How beautiful! I love hydrangeas. I have some in the center of my kitchen table with some curly willow mixed in. Mine are fake. I prefer them that way so they don't shed. I haven't had good luck keeping dried ones. Yours are in perfect condition!