Thursday, September 22, 2011

A Lonely Armoire

Here is another piece in my quick tour of our new (sparse) Master Bedroom.

Today I wanted to show you an armoire that was in my Grandmother's home. She likely got it at a garage sale, and refinished it. It was given to my Mother, who then passed it down to me.





It has a slightly art deco feel to it. The hardware is original, and a few repairs need to be made so that the doors actually latch shut. Sould be an easy fix. I love the details of the piece; it's so unique.

Now I just need to get the rest of the room furnished so the armoire doesn't feel so lonely!
(and why, oh why do all the homes we buy have pukey mustard yellow walls in the Master?? I can't wait to get those painted!)

Linking to my Favorite Parties!

12 comments:

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...[Reply to comment]

That's such a pretty piece Andrea! Martina

Blondie's Journal said...[Reply to comment]

The armoire is just gorgeous, Andrea! Lucky girl!

XO,
Janie

for the love of a house said...[Reply to comment]

it's absolutley charming Andrea! Such great lines and so unique. How special that it is a family piece!

xojoan

Kacey said...[Reply to comment]

What a fabulous piece!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...[Reply to comment]

It's stunning. What a great heirloom.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...[Reply to comment]

That is a very nice armoire. Now get those walls painted! lol

Korrie@RedHenHome said...[Reply to comment]

This is a lovely piece! I have never seen another quite like it.

Cynthia said...[Reply to comment]

Very lovely armoire! It looks like it offers lots of storage :-)

Upscale Downhome said...[Reply to comment]

It's a really unique piece with interesting lines. I bet it stores a ton of stuff and it was your grandmas! What's not to love? It will look great in your room makeover.

Julia @ 551Eastdesign said...[Reply to comment]

I love everything about it! How special too that it was your grandmothers. I have some of my grandmothers furniture and I love knowing it's being loved for many generations. :)

Jilly said...[Reply to comment]

It is absolutely charming Andrea. Such great lines and so unique. Furniture with the glass is awesome. Now a days this type of furniture is very much popular in market. Also stone pieces is very beautiful.
gifts for men

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...[Reply to comment]

It's a beautiful armoire, Andrea. I think it is perfect with your bedding the side table. I can't wait to see the finished room. Thank you for sharing this at the Open House party.
Hugs,
Sherry