Tuesday, September 20, 2011

New Bedding for our Master

I found the jumping off point for the colours and fabrics in our new room with this new bedding:



The duvet, shams, euro shams and dust ruffle are from Pottery Barn.  The coverlet is from Home Sense and the large neck roll is from Ikea.


The soft colours, and feminine pattern were just what I was looking for. I am not sure if the bench at the end of the bed will stay in this spot.  The craftsman style isn't in keeping with the rest of the room, but the bench is special to us as it was a wedding gift.  It is upholstered with William Morris fabric.



The headboard was found on Kijiji, and was very inexpensive.  I bought it intending to put it in the Master 'for now' and then the guest room once I've found a permanent headboard for us; however, I've grown quite fond of it, and it just may stay put!  It's hard to see with all those pillows, so I've stripped them down to give you a better look.



Now I need to find some curtains, settle on a paint colour, change out the overhead lighting, add some art, and put in some more furniture (perhaps a reading corner??).  I have a lot of work still to do in this room!

I'll share my one and only other piece of furniture I have in this room, an antique armoire, in another post.

Have a wonderful day!

Linking to my Favorite Parties!
Photobucket

19 comments:

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...[Reply to comment]

It's beautiful Andrea! Love the white headboard too. Looks like you have a plan!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...[Reply to comment]

Andrea that headboard is gorgeous! Love the bedding too! Martina

Andrea said...[Reply to comment]

I love the new bedding and the headboard is a great find. Can't wait to see what color you choose for the room!

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...[Reply to comment]

I have been admiring that bedding in the catalog. Your headboard is really pretty, too. Can't wait to see what else you choose for your room.

Suzann said...[Reply to comment]

I haven't browsed my fave blogs in so long since going back to work full-time and this morning I had a few extra minutes, so I'm blog reading. My mouth dropped open when I saw your blog as we just purchased this bedding on Sunday!! We too are debating wall color and headboards. I can't wait to see what you choose for your room.

Kelly said...[Reply to comment]

I love your new bedding! It looks so fluffy and feminine. I think you picked out a lovely pattern that you'll be able to live with for a long time.

Jenny said...[Reply to comment]

This looks so great - love it!!

Jenny
www.simcoestreet.com

Jessica said...[Reply to comment]

Love the bedding and headboard. :-)

for the love of a house said...[Reply to comment]

Gorgeous bedding Andrea!! Love the look and feel of the whole bed! Beautiful!

joan

Lynnifer said...[Reply to comment]

I like the stool. I think it balances the bedside table nicely :-)

Susan said...[Reply to comment]

The bedding is beautiful!

Shabby Chic Sandy said...[Reply to comment]

I love the headboard!

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...[Reply to comment]

Beautiful. I am looking for new bedding too. Wish me luck.
~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...[Reply to comment]

Beautiful Andrea!! Love the bedding~ thanks for sharing at Feathered Nest Friday!

gena said...[Reply to comment]

Oh, that is just lovely! I love the softness and warmth!

thanks for sharing!

Brandi said...[Reply to comment]

love your new bedding and your headboard is gorgeous.

Sara Welsh said...[Reply to comment]

What beautiful bedding! My husband and I are thinking about redecorating, and I would love to do something like this! I especially love how the bedding is accented by the yellow wall, and the headboard is the crowning jewel! This is just a lovely room!
Sara Welsh | http://certaintystores.com/modern-bedding-sets.html

Vinay Kumar said...[Reply to comment]

I would like to appreciate your work and would like to tell to my friends.If you want more information something like visit full luxury bed linen get more details.

Vinay Kumar said...[Reply to comment]

I like your articles. Best deal on my website for buying bed sheets. Bed Sheets Online