Monday, October 24, 2011

The Kijiji Stalker Strikes Again!

This past weekend, we did a lot of projects around the house, but none that are very pretty or blog worthy.  The hubby installed our speaker system in the basement, as well as set up our Hot Tub and our theatre room.  I tell ya, while I wouldn't have thought we'd really use a theatre room, we love it! The home builder already built one, so we wanted to put it to good use.  It is so much fun, and the girls adore watching their favorite movies on the huge projector screen.  I'll do a post on this room once we finish furnishing it (which honestly isn't a priority right now....there are too many other empty spots in this house!).  We did manage to take a trip into the city to pick up a few Kijiji finds. These could well be my favorite finds yet. I have always wanted a frenchy settee, and I lucked into this one:





It was beautifully re-upholstered for a child's room. We plan on using it in the playroom for now. How precious is it?! The pink, the bows, the french provincial style.....adore it! I am trying to resist the urge to reupholster it for my sunroom =)

The same person had this old pine table for sale. Perfect for our craft and games table in the playroom. My husband will make a leaf for it, so we can extend it out for those puzzle and game nights! We had a perfectly functional, but very cheap and ugly (an old college days dining set) table already in this space.  For not much money, we now have a gorgeous, solid, antique table (from 1910) with gorgeous patina and character. So much better!






Our playroom/gamesroom is in a large open area on the bottom floor. Although it is a space for the kids, since it's in such a visible area, I want it to be stylish as well. We scored a free wall unit this past summer, that we're now repainting and adding trim and beadboard to it. I plan to do a post soon all about the progress of the playroom so far.  Be warned, however, it's very much a work in progress!  This room is coming together slowly, but surely!

Have a wonderful day!
Linking to my Favorite Parties!

Photobucket

17 comments:

Tricia @ A Rosy Note said...[Reply to comment]

Oh my goodness, how lucky are you?!! I love them both, but that settee is adorable. My daughter would love that :)

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...[Reply to comment]

That bench is just precious. Love that table, too. You did good.

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...[Reply to comment]

Andrea, The settee is fabulous! Looks like someone spent a lot of money on the upholstery and it is just darling. Love the table too.
Hugs,
Sherry

Alison @ The Polohouse said...[Reply to comment]

Oh my goodness,,,, that settee is tooooo cute! The bows and the caned sides....just Fab!

Love the lines and finish on the table too, Andrea. Wish my hubby could make a table leaf! How lucky are you?!

Thanks for your super sweet comment today. I would love to go accessory shopping with you as well!

Xx
A

Kathy said...[Reply to comment]

Wow I really love that settee, I just re-did one and it is so simular, check out my blog and see it...but this one is so sweet, I just LOVE everything about it...your so lucky to also get that very cool table...wow that's a huge find too!

Kahli said...[Reply to comment]

Wow! I can't never find anything as remotely nice as that settee on Kijii! Love that table too!

Scribbler said...[Reply to comment]

Two great finds -- that little settee makes me want to get my dolls out of the attic and have a teaparty. The table is wonderful -- such great patina.

Miss Char said...[Reply to comment]

That settee is just precious, I would have a hard time giving it up to a play room too. Its a special find, I love how they have the ribbons on the front.

Sally said...[Reply to comment]

I LOVE,LOVE that settee! It is so cute! I'm your newest follower from the frugal friday Party. I hope you'll stop by my new blog & follow along too!
Thanks!
Sally
loveofhomes.blogspot.com

Good Time Charlie said...[Reply to comment]

So adorable, love it. Visiting from MMS.

ps I host a linky party every Friday, I would love it if you could stop by and link up. Thanks!

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...[Reply to comment]

What a great find!!

Jenny
http://simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Honey at 2805 said...[Reply to comment]

This is precious in pink and you did a beautiful job!

Cottage and Broome said...[Reply to comment]

Love the settee, so pretty a girlie! Don't change it for awhile enjoy the pinkness! Laura Cottage and BRoome

Inspired by you said...[Reply to comment]

I love, love, love the settee!

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...[Reply to comment]

Don't know how I missed this last week, but you really found 2 great pieces. Love the little settee. so cute! And the table looks perfect for game playing.

Andrea said...[Reply to comment]

It is adorable! Love the little ties in the front and the pine table is perfect too! Great finds.

Amy @MaisonDecor said...[Reply to comment]

That settee is super cute! I love it~