Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Lovely Heirloom Pumpkins

I have seen so many of these Heirloom, or 'Cinderella' pumpkins all over blog land as well as in magazines. I adore them! The colours, the shape, they are so beautiful! I read, with jealousy, how they are even sold at Walmart in some cities, but alas, a Cinderella pumpkin was not easily found locally 'round here.



Images: Pinterest

I managed, after searching high and low, to find 2 orange Heirloom pumpkins. My hubby just about fell over when I told him they were $12 each, and we were NOT carving them...decorative purposes only =) He then started to think, that perhaps we should save the seeds and try our hand at growing them on our acreage. Apparently they do grow here, so it's worth a try!

Here's my very simply autumn front porch:




My Cinderella pumpkins sit in our urn, and look wonderful in all their lumpy, bumpy glory.

We just used regular ole sugar pumpkins for the rest of the space. The girls will carve their pumpkins this weekend. I don't expect many trick or treaters since we live on an acreage, but I wanted to decorate the front more for our sake (mostly the girls)

Did you use Heirloom pumpkins this year? Were they easy to find? Expensive? My guess is they will become more and more popular and readily available in the coming years!

Happy Fall!!

4 comments:

Kathy said...[Reply to comment]

they look too perfect to be real..i honestly thought they were fake...hey check out my blog, your in it

Annie Wilcox Designs said...[Reply to comment]

I am so behind the power curve on pumpkins this year. Have to go to the patch on Friday and get some. Yours look great.

Kelly said...[Reply to comment]

Yes I have some in different colors. I hate to tell you that I bought them at Walmart for .48/lb I think. I feel bad that you weren't able to find many near you. You must live in a rural area. I think that's a great idea to try to grow some of your own though. Your home exterior is so cute. I love the red siding. It fits in for Fall perfectly!

Bella Vista said...[Reply to comment]

Hi Andrea, your pumpkins are gorgeous. I don't think I have seen these anywhere. I will surely keep an eye out for them now.

Lovely photos!

Barb ♥