Thursday, October 20, 2011

My Dear Friend, Kijiji

I had planned to do this post earlier this week, but my plans got foiled.  You see, it was shaping up to be a great week: I'd find out the gender of the baby (I am far too impatient to wait until babe is born, and I need to know how to decorate the nursery!).  I awoke on Tuesday with wicked morning sickness (when, for the love of God, will it end?), which promptly morphed into a migraine.  To top it off, hubs was away on business for a few days, so I had to tend to the kids solo (who were lucky they even got dinner).  Today, I'm happy to report, I'm in tip top shape.  I'm also very happy to report that come mid March, we'll be seeing more pink around here.  It's girl #3 =)))))  I was really hoping for a girl, but I also thought a boy would be nice for the hubs.  He's happy either way, and to tell you the truth, boys scare me.  Girls are all I know; they're in my comfort zone, and they are just so dang precious!  Anyhoo, onto the post at hand:

My new friend, Kijiji and I have been getting along so well these days. Craig's list isn't as popular here it seems, but I'm sure finding some great things on Kijiji. My hubby and I scour the new ads each day, and have been rewarded with some great finds.

Most recently, we found these over the weekend:



A sweet needlepoint chair that will be perfect tucked beside our armoire in the Master bedroom. It fits in well with the feminine vibe I'm going for in that room. (Master Bedroom reveal coming soon...I just need to get the fabric I ordered and sew the curtains, and then I'll show it off....it's looking so great!!!)





An oak desk, with great lines to it. I'm not a fan of the golden oak colour, and the finish is peeling up in spots, so it will be refinished. I'm not sure yet if I'll paint it, restain it, or a combination.

Original circa late 1800's engravings:



We bought them from a dealer who was selling everything he owns and moving to Europe.  He had some fabulous antiques, and literally thousands of these engravings, which he'd collected over the years.  My hubby was there alone, so I asked him to look for animal/farm type themes.  He did very well! They were $2 each (!!!) and $30 each for the framed prints (these are the $2 prints which I framed myself). 

It's become a habit of ours to check Kijiji every night for that special find. Have you found any great deals lately on Kijiji, Craig's list, etc??

Linking to my Favorite Parties!

Photobucket

5 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...[Reply to comment]

Congrats on baby girl #3!! Boys are easier than girls and cheaper, I think. I love that chair. The needlepoint and style is amazing. Great desk. I would definitely paint it, at least the bottom of it) for an old world look. I would love to get a hold of it. Why do you live so dang far away?!

KDot said...[Reply to comment]

Woah, those are great deals!
And congrats on the girl!

Diane said...[Reply to comment]

Just found your blog and took a tour, you have a beautiful home! I too am a Kijiji addict. I am your newest (Canadian) follower, looking forward to upcoming posts. Diane

The Paupers Castle said...[Reply to comment]

Good Morning! Congrats on the baby girl!

I am probably going to over step my bounds this, but am a survivor and I must as least share. I don't know how far along you are, but nausea after the first trimester is not normal. The headache could also be a big warning sign. I am speaking of preeclampsia. Have you checked your blood pressure? You might want to go to a CVS or someplace that has the automated machines and check. Anything 145/90 or greater is a risk. Not trying to scare you, but trying to save you from the complications that I had. Preeclampsia is very serious and can lead to death of your baby or you. It can also set in very quickly. I didn't know very much about it and almost lost my life to it. Please watch out! For more info please visit http://www.preeclampsia.org/signs-and-symptoms.

Now...LOVE your finds. Congrats on those as well. Your husband did a wonderful job! Visiting via Miss Mustard Seed. I pray this is nothing and I am sorry if I over stepped my bounds, but preeclampsia awareness has become one of my missions in life. It's not worth ignoring your body. If something doesn't seem right...it's probably not. :-)

Deborah March said...[Reply to comment]

Love love LOVE your Kijiji finds! I'm a Kijiji tramp in Halifax...LOVE it! Looking forward to seeing what you'll do with these beauties.

Deborah ♥ (visiting happily from http://upcyclingmylife.blogspot.com...hope you can stop by and say hi...)

PS CONGRATS on wee # 3!