Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Sunroom Part 2: The other side

Our sunroom is almost like two separate spaces, separated by a corridor. You've seen the one side, many times before. I found this area easy to decorate as it had such a fabulous focal point in the stone fireplace. I've struggled with the other side. It is a larger space, and I really didn't have much furniture for it, so I was starting fresh.




Here is the 'corridor'. I have a fireside bench here, which is a perfect spot to sit and storm watch with these crazy lightening storms we get here!
Over the past week, I bought a chair and chest for one side of this area. Both are from Pier 1. I was actually drawn to the chest when I saw it on the blog, Between Naps on the Porch, in Susan's fab new office. I also loved her Pier 1 chair, but it wasn't in any Pier 1 store that I checked. It may have been in the US only as none of the stores I looked in had even seen it before. While looking at the chest, which luckily is in our Canadian stores, I saw this chair. I immediately loved it, and it was so comfy. Perfect for the space, and the soft blue/cream ticking would look great with the colours of this room. I was originally looking for a chaise for this space, but the only ones I loved were very expensive. I went for the chair, and am happy I did so! I have two lovely ottoman's downstairs, ready for a redo, one of which will eventually be paired up with the new chair.


Sorry for the bright picture, but we're getting so much lovely sunshine!
I also have a small secretary desk in here. Another piece from Grandma's house (I think at least 1/2 of all my furniture is from my Grandma's!).



I have yet to finish the other side of this space. The furniture in there is temporary, being stored there for now. I'm just not sure what to do with it yet. I do have my collection of orchids in here, and am looking for a nice table to display them on. Other than that, I may do another upholstered chair, or perhaps a round table with two wooden chairs. I'll know it when I see it, I suppose! I am also looking for a small round rug for here.



If you have any ideas on how I should finish this area, I'd love to hear it!

Thanks for stopping by!
Linking to my Favorite Parties!
Photobucket

9 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...[Reply to comment]

You are so lucky to have the two spaces and they are both lovely. Have you thought of a love seat or small sofa and perhaps a sofa table for the orchids? It looks like the start of a lovely sitting area. Love your new chair!! :-)

XO,
Jane

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...[Reply to comment]

Andrea, I love that chair. Can't go wrong with that fabric. How about a white slipcovered small sofa or a settee or bench with loads of pillows.

Pamela said...[Reply to comment]

Love this space! You are so lucky to have such a wonderful spot to hang out. That chair is fabulous. What about a sisal rug on the floor?

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...[Reply to comment]

How about a daybed where you could take a nap in that beautiful sunshine? Love your new chair and the butterfly pillow.

Susan (Between Naps on the Porch) said...[Reply to comment]

Hi Andrea,
What a wonderful space. I love all that gorgeous sunshine pouring in. Your seating area is perfect! Love the chair you found and of course, you know I love that chest! :)
I like Kim's suggestion of a small settee. Or, a small table to dine in this sun-filled room might be a good option, too. You may already have a table on the other side where you said there's a fireplace, though. Such a great place to curl up for an afternoon with a book. Love what you've done so far...looks great!

Pamela said...[Reply to comment]

Lovely space! Your home is so beautiful!!
I bet you are not used to the lightning storms!
I miss the thunder too!!
The sunshine you get in this room is wonderful!!!

Stacey said...[Reply to comment]

That's such a bright pretty little space. I'd love to have a sunporch like that. Love Kim's idea of the settee or love seat.

Stacey said...[Reply to comment]

That's such a bright pretty little space. I'd love to have a sunporch like that. Love Kim's idea of the settee or love seat.

Aldo Finney said...[Reply to comment]

It looks great! I know it's not yet finished in this state, but it already looks warm and inviting to stay at. Some of the furniture displayed are quite interesting. Your sunroom is quite unique in that you can say it has two parts. All of that space means you have more room to experiment on interior design.

Jacob Sunroom & Exteriors