Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Christmas Boxes

Over the years I've found some pretty Christmas boxes here and there. This year, I seemed to hit the mother load at Home Sense. I literally filled my cart with them, but at $2.99-7.99 for these beautiful boxes, I couldn't resist. Here are a few of the ones I picked out:





I use them to put gifts in, tied with a ribbon and gift tag, and they make a pretty display under the tree. I then use them after Christmas to store our ornaments in.



I selfishly use them mostly for our immediate family so I can reuse them year after year, but if you have a special friend or family member whom would cherish these boxes as much as their gift, then wouldn't it be a special way to present their gift?



While I still love a beautifully wrapped gift, these boxes make a lovely compliment to your wrapping needs!

Do you use gift boxes, or good ole wrap and gift bags?

I've been spending the past few days baking up a storm.  I'm trying to get it all done in time for a large Christmas/housewarming party we're hosting at our house this Saturday. 

4 comments:

Diane said...[Reply to comment]

They are beautiful boxes. What a great idea for under the tree. So many times I never know what to put there for decor. I may have to make a little trip to Home Sense! Diane

Kelly said...[Reply to comment]

Honestly, you know what I love most about those pretty boxes? You don't have to break out the wrapping paper and scissors! I do not enjoy wrapping gifts as much as I appreciate a beautifully packaged gift. Those are great!

Edins House said...[Reply to comment]

Such pretty boxes! I like to use boxes like these for special cookies that I bake and give away. I think I'll have to check out HomeSense pretty quickly... before they're all sold out!
Victoria

Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing said...[Reply to comment]

Ya know, I love both, I do love a pretty box like yours. I am not a very good wrapper LOL!