Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Equestrian

I am loving all the Equestrian style that I'm seeing in homes.  Perhaps it's my daughters obsession with horses and her involvement with Pony Club:


Or perhaps it's all that wonderfully equine style, readily found on Pinterest:






Recently I found this beauty for our home:

It is quite large (about 1.5 feet long and just as tall) and very heavy.  He's perfect as a 'door stop' for the French door in the sunroom.  I will definately incoorporate more pieces with Equestrian flare as I find them.  In fact, I was given an antique equine feed sack which I plan to fill with Christmas greenery....I'll share when it's done!

How about you?  Do you love Equestrian style too? How do you incoorporate it into your home?

Linking to my Favorite Parties!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Courtenay@Creek Line House said...[Reply to comment]

Oh, do I ever love it! One day we hope to have some horses of our own, but for now our daughter will have to make do with lessons and birthday parties at the stables. I'm glad this look is so trendy right now so I don't look completely ridiculous adding in equestrian themey things when I don't own horses at all. Thanks for sharing all the pretty pictures!

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...[Reply to comment]

Yes I do! And I love it. So traditional and timeless. You probably saw my little equestrian collection. Love your horse. Your daughter is a cutie pie too!

Robyn @ Robyn's Nest said...[Reply to comment]

I love the equine style as well but have yet to incorporate it into my own decor. I'm trying to figure out a way to do it without going overboard but doing just enough so that makes sense. Oh the dilemma - ha. Robyn

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...[Reply to comment]

Love that horse. I didn't know my picture was on pinterest.

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...[Reply to comment]

It is a fabulous horse and your daughter is adorable. Thanks for linking to the Open House party.
Hugs,
Sherry

Alison @ The Polohouse said...[Reply to comment]

Love this post and your fabulous find!

:)
Alison