Friday, December 16, 2011

Enjoying the Season: Our Favorite Ways to Celebrate

As the Big Day quickly approaches, I thought I'd bring back a series I wrote last year.  This week we have several visitors, a little Christmas Eve party, and of course the unwrapping frenzy on the big day! I'll be visiting you all as much as I can (lets face it, my morning routine just isn't complete without my blogs n' coffee!), and want to wish you all a VERY Merry Christmas!!!

Without further ado, I present to you Our Favorite Ways to Celebrate: A mini-series:
I'm now at the point in the season that I can actually slow down and enjoy the Christmas festivities. Gifts are bought and wrapped, house is decorated in all it's sparkling finest, cookies are baked, and advent is in full swing.
Over the next few days, I will share with you my favorites of the season, for it is all too short, and soon it will be on to planning for the New Year ahead!

I present to you, in random order, my favorite things that the Christmas season brings to our family each year:

Festive Favorite #1:


Brandy Slush


Oh so sweet, oh so delicious!

Recipe:

8 cups water
1.5 cups sugar
6 teabags
1 lg can frozen orange juice
1 lg can frozen lemonade
2 cups apricot or peach Brandy

Boil water and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Cool.
Steep teabags in 2 cups of boiling water. Cool.
Put all ingredients in ice cream pail, or large container and stir. Place in freezer for 24 hours.

Put 2 scoops of slush in glass, and fill with Sprite or Ginger Ale and enjoy!

I have many friends who insist on this seasonal favorite year after year. Try it this year, and tell me what you think!

What are you favorite seasonal drinks?

As a side note, when one must prepare a Brandy Slush at 8am in order to take a blog photo, it is only appropriate to drink aforementioned slush so it not go to waste.  It works in delightful combination with toast! (edit 2011-sadly, this year I will not be able to partake in any Brandy slush due to babe on board. However, this certainly didn't stop me from making it for others to enjoy!)


3 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...[Reply to comment]

It looks yummy! I'll pass on the toast!

XO,
Jane

Kelly said...[Reply to comment]

Yum! That looks good. I have never tried Brandy before. I look forward to seeing more of your posts.

Val said...[Reply to comment]

I'm so thirsty =) Looks amazing!