Monday, December 19, 2011

Our Favorite Ways to Celebrate #4

Festive Favorite #4

Cozy Nights by the Fire

When else do you have a license to laze about longingly staring into a blazing fire, for hours on end?  I find it mesmerizing to watch the flames lick the logs, and feel the warmth on my cheeks.  Ok, ok, so we have a gas fireplace in this house, but we get a similar feel!



We love to watch our favorite Christmas movie (Alastair Sim's Scrooge is an annual Christmas Eve tradition), play a family game, or work on a jigsaw puzzle.  I long to sit under a cozy blanket and cross stitch, or perhaps finish that binding on my latest quilt.  Lights are dimmed, and sweetly scented candles are burning.  Oh, how I love these cozy wintery nights.

5 comments:

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...[Reply to comment]

aww... cozy images are popping in my head. Makes me want to go snuggle down right now. But I have to pack and wrap more gifts! I've got a feeling we'll be doing a lot of the laying around after Christmas is over. It's my favorite part of winter.
Merry Christmas!

Deserae said...[Reply to comment]

Your fireplace is gorgeous....I can see why you love spending family time cuddled up in front of it :o) After hauling wood and dealing with the mess of a wood fireplace for years I'll take gas any day! LOL
Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!!!!
~Des

Anna - Canoe Design said...[Reply to comment]

I love fireplaces in the winter - just did a post on them myself!
Keep warm!

Kelly said...[Reply to comment]

That all sounds so wonderful! Wish I was doing that now too. Hope your cold is gone or at least better now too.

Ange @ A Cream Cottage said...[Reply to comment]

Sounds lovely but the total opposite to a summer Christmas in Australia! One day I will have a traditional white Christmas... Ange