Thursday, December 22, 2011

Our Favorite Ways to Celebrate #7

Festive Favorite #7

A Beautifully Wrapped Gift

I have a confession.  There is one (and only one) thing that I don't love doing at Christmas:  Wrapping Gifts.  I have no patience for it, and while I try to choose beautiful papers and use ribbon, rather than a pre-fab bow, that's as far as I go. 

I do, however, love and appreciate a beautifully wrapped gift.  My mother has an incredible talent for wrapping (she's renowned for it) and I delight in seeing her wrapped creations each year.  Her gifts are often adorned with ornaments, embellished with greenery, or tied in the finest ribbons:



Are you an elaborate wrapper, or do you prefer the ease of a gift bag?


3 comments:

Kelly said...[Reply to comment]

I don't enjoy the wrapping part, but do enjoy the embellishing part. Although, mine are pretty simple. I admire beautifully wrapped gifts too.

Deb said...[Reply to comment]

Gift bag every time!!

Ange @ A Cream Cottage said...[Reply to comment]

Your mum is talented. That gift looks gorgeous. Is it for you??? This year I used brown paper to wrap all my gifts in but I bought a variety of lovely ribbons to add a splash of colour. I'm really happy with how they all look around the tree. Ange