Tuesday, January 24, 2012

It's a Fairy's World

Surely you've been to Fairy World? No? Well, you really should go, it's a place of magic.


You see.....


My girls have been highly involved with Fairies since a young age. First there were the Potty Fairies, who brought them a small token each time they used the potty. Then, the Night Time Fairies, who did the same when they slept the night through on their own.


Let's not forget about the Garden Fairies, Snow Fairies, Santa's Fairies and so many more. All of these wonderful Fairies reside in Fairy World.



My daughters and I talk about what we'll do in Fairy world each night at bedtime.


When you fall asleep, if you think happy thoughts and think of the Fairies, you too will go to Fairy World, where magic abounds.


Oh, and you can ride Unicorns in Fairy World too.


One secret to gaining entry into Fairy World, is the Fairy door. Every house has one, but in order for the Fairies to want to open it, they must be inspired.


Inspiration comes in many forms: A good girl who's done her chores, a little one who's tried hard at something particular that day, but most importantly, the fairy tokens left in the room. These tokens can be pictures of Fairies, books about them, or anything Fairy related. It makes them feel loved.


I had a concern when recently decorating my 7.5 year old daughters room. While Fairies have always been a huge part of her life, she more recently talks more of Justin (as in the Beber), cell phones (pretend, of course), dsi's, wii's.... Oh, and I was just told that Justin is no longer cool, now we're moving onto Cody. Cody who??


Really? At 7.5 years old? What happened to princesses, pink, dress-up. Gone, and all too fast.


Back to her concern: If we were to only have 'big girl' decor in her room (such as her horse paraphernalia and posters of Selena Gomez), how would the Fairies find their door?


Good point. Mom agrees (secretly dreading removal of all 'little girl' from her room).


That's it, she declares, we can have both! She'll have her horse things in here, since Fairies love Unicorns, and they are a type of horse, you know, but she can also hang her Fairy pictures and other Fairy tokens, so they know she still wants to see them and be a part of their world.


Phew, dodged that bullet. Maybe at 8 she'll have a change of heart, and leave Fairy world for her little sisters to visit, but at 7.5, gosh darn it, she's still an honored guest in their magical land.


So, I ask you again, have you ever been to Fairy World? Now you know how to get there. I highly recommend it...whether your 7, or 37 =)

Linking to my Favorite Parties!





17 comments:

Tracey@Breathing English Air said...[Reply to comment]

I think my two teens still believe in faeries who do their washing and ironing when they are out!

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...[Reply to comment]

I love going to fairy world! It's been so long. My daughter is all grown up and in college now. I'm pretty sure she's discovered reality now. But I miss it. I have boys who want to live in superhero world and and that gets a little tiresome to me at times. But fun never the less!

Lizabeth @ Infuse With Liz said...[Reply to comment]

That was precious! I have a small fairy garden. I posted it on my Garden blog last summer (there's a link at the top of my page). My dauther is 25 and I can still remember her room when she was 7 or 8 yrs. old. I guess it depends on what their influences are as to how fast they want to grow up.
Her bedroom is adorable!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...[Reply to comment]

Cute and cute room. No, I have not been to fairy world.

Edins House said...[Reply to comment]

I absolutely had to read every single word in your post Andrea... I had to KNOW about Fairy World!! I love that you've fostered these creatived journies for your girls; such wonderful memories they'll have! Justin and Cody (who?!) will be forgotten, but the fairies never will!!
Thanks so much for sharing!!
Oh... and I can't forget... your daughter's room is so lovely! It may have a touch of little girl in it, but it will so easily transition with her as she grows. :-)
Victoria

Diane said...[Reply to comment]

Sweet post, sweet room! Bet you wish the fairies would deliver your baby soon! Love the bunny, I use to sew them a few years back. Diane

Kelly said...[Reply to comment]

Yay! I can finally leave you a comment. I'm starting to have better luck now. I loved this post. It is just so sweet. This is one of the reasons that I wish I had a little girl. I don't get to have fairies in my home (except the tooth fairy) because I have boys. Fairies are a little too girly for them. Your little girls bedroom is so pretty. I love the netting over the bed. Keep her young as long as possible. They grow up too fast!

thistlewoodfarm said...[Reply to comment]

This is such a sweet room! I love the fairy story. You are a master story teller. I really love that little stiched picture.

blessings,
karianne

Alison @ The Polohouse said...[Reply to comment]

The room turned out fantastic, Andrea! I love the board and batten walls.... you are so fortunate to have those! Did you add them?

We love the Fairie-ality book, have you seen it? I highly recommend it. Though pricey, it is a keepsake and is worth every single penny.

Here is the link:
http://www.amazon.com/Fairie-ality-Fashion-Collection-House-Ellwand/dp/0763614130/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327548774&sr=8-1-fkmr0

Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing said...[Reply to comment]

I would love to go to fairy land. It is sad Andrea how fast they grow up. Cody who? Now I want to know who replaced the Bieber?

designchic said...[Reply to comment]

My four month old grandson is visiting this week and we are needing the "sleep through the night" fairy to visit us. Love the room!!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...[Reply to comment]

What a cute room.

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...[Reply to comment]

Beautiful room!!! I want to ride unicorns. :)
A few blog friends and I are hosting our first link party tomorrow to finish off the Imagine the Impossibilities Challenge, we go live at 7amET. Today I revealed my project for the challenge, a gallery wall with only one screw in the wall. I'd love if you could come by to check it out and link up! http://thespacebetweenblog.wordpress.com/2012/01/30/the-one-screw-gallery-wall-is-here/
Karah @ thespacebetweenblog = your newest follower

dee dee said...[Reply to comment]

Sweet room!
Dee Dee

Designing Domesticity said...[Reply to comment]

Cute. You have a lucky little girl. Love the board and batten - really thinking about adding it to our dining room. Thanks for sharing, liz

Pamela said...[Reply to comment]

Very precious!! I always love seeing more of your home!

heidi said...[Reply to comment]

I have a four year old daughter, so this post made me a little misty and made me giggle {unicorns}. Your daughter's room is lovely and she is lucky to have a mom who reminds her to take her time growing up.