Thursday, January 5, 2012

Junk Gift 2011

While the kiddos are still out of school until next week, this holiday season is quickly coming to an end for us. My Mom returned home after a month long visit, and all the Christmas decor is packed away for another year. Normally I get a bit of the post Christmas blues around this time of year, but this year we're so busy preparing for baby (due March 17) and getting the house ready for some big projects, that I haven't had time to mourn the passing of Christmas. I can't wait to show you what we have in store! This house is really starting to feel much more like 'us' with all the finishing touches we're putting on it =)
Last year, I wrote about our families tradition of gifting 'junk' to each other at Christmas. This years junk gifts were a hit also!

My Mom knows how much I'm loving silver, and found this treasures at a thrift shop:


I just love the acorn and oak leaf pattern on the spoon. She says she has another at home, but it wasn't in great shape. I'm on the hunt for more!

My favorite junk gift was this huge wooden container. She bought it at a store that sells both new items and antiques. It is perfect for this corner of my Great Room. Now I just need some more time to quilt so I can fill it up =)




Did you receive any 'junk' this year?

6 comments:

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...[Reply to comment]

I love that basket. Wow, they are home another week. They went back Tuesday around here.

Ange @ A Cream Cottage said...[Reply to comment]

I love both your gifts. Enjoy them! Ange

Kelly said...[Reply to comment]

I can see why you really like those. That's a cute idea to give gifts like that. I didn't receive any junk gifts this year, but have purchased some myself (that I've blogged about). I usually get money to go buy my own "junk". Ha!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...[Reply to comment]

Love your "junk" Andrea especially the silver spoon!!

Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing said...[Reply to comment]

Whew...my boys are finally back to school. Love your basket, so pretty!

Goldie said...[Reply to comment]

I received some "junk" this year as well! My mom knows me better then most and got me some good junk! Looks like yours was great junk as well!