Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Sometimes It's ok to be Fake

I wanted an orchid in my bedroom. In fact, I needed an orchid here. You know how you get a vision of how something will look, and you need to make it happen, or it will forever bug you?  Well, there just isn't enough light to keep an orchid in here, and while they do fabulously in my sunroom, they quickly die in my bedroom.

The search for a good fake was on. It had to be very convincing, as there's nothing worse than a fake plant that looks fake!


I found this one at Chintz and Co, a store that has amazing fake plants and flowers (among a ton of other treasures). This store can be quite pricey, but this little fakey was $26, which I figure isn't too bad since it will last forever =)


Some sheet moss, and a pretty urn later, and it looks perfect on my bedside table. Ahhh, my need is satisfied!

Have a wonderful day!

4 comments:

Kelly said...[Reply to comment]

It looks mighty good to me. I have a fake orchid (it's fushia) that I pull out in the warmer months for a pop of color. I love it! Orchids are so pretty. I don't blame you for getting a fake one because I've heard they can be tricky to keep alive. Yours looks very realistic!

Robin said...[Reply to comment]

I just found your wonderful blog. How pretty is that banner! Can't wait to see what this year brings on your blog--follower #347!

Blondie's Journal said...[Reply to comment]

Some say they are hard to take care of, others easy. I think you know what works and a faux is better than nothing if you really love them!

XO,
Jane

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...[Reply to comment]

Fake is good with me. Lasts a lot longer! Your orchids are very pretty!