Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Nesting Behaviour (?)

My friends and family think I'm in the nesting stage of my pregnancy.

Sure, I am organizing our storage area.  Yup, I'm cleaning our transom windows.  I'm fluffy and fussing all about the house.  However, this is not unlike my non-pregnant self (besides my gloriously impressive cankles). 

I am less sure it's pregnancy nesting, and more likely spring nesting.  An urge to purge and primp in the home, especially strong as the days lengthen and the flowers show themselves once again.

I suspect you are not unlike myself.  Afterall, I maintain that us bloggers nest best.  We show off our latest bit of prettiness for our home, as if it is a main event.  We all oooohhhh and ahhhhh over it and are so excited that there are others out there just like us, and that we have this amazing forum to share with people all over the world. 

Here's my latest bits of 'nesting':


Tulips replanted in a favorite urn.

Adding faux Cherry Blossom sticks to yet another urn.  I had to add a bit more pretty in the form of a flowing, gauzy bow.



Some new botanical and William Morris-esque pillows for the sofa (pillows recently purchased at Pottery Barn).



Planning a mini-kitchen project for my glass cupboards and area above the cupboards.  I basically put 'stuff' up there after moving in, that I wasn't sure what else to do with.  I've never been happy with how it's looked.

Here is a collection of pretties that I'd like to use: Think ironstone, transferware, silver.  My Mother is arriving next week to help with baby.  Today she called me to say she scored an amazing deal on some brown English transferware that she'll bring on her carry on luggage.  I'm so excited to use it for this project. 

We will also be doing a little beadboard/paint project for those cabinets, but alas, that shall wait until baby is here, settled, and I am over the shock of now being a mother of 3.

Ohhh, these pictures make me really want to get to this Welsh sideboard and refinish it!

So what say you? Tell me you're spring nesting too, cause I bet you are =)

My posts may become less frequent, the closer my due date comes.  I'm having regular contractions now, but I could still be a few weeks away.  I am still here, reading and commenting on your wonderful, inspiring posts, and will let you in on the news just as soon as babe is here.  Here's hoping it's a pain free, easy, fast labor (yup, it's my dream and I'm sticking to it!).

12 comments:

Mama Sue said...[Reply to comment]

I was thinking about you today...wondering if your baby was here yet. I have been doing a bit of spring cleaning and my 11 year old cleaned her playroom all day today after we finished school! I didn't nest much when I had her because I was working full time and she was 3 weeks early! Plus she was born in late July and we live in Texas and I was just so sick of summer. Loved the hospital because it was about 40 degrees in my room:)

Happy Nesting!

Kelly said...[Reply to comment]

Well luckily deliveries do tend to get easier and faster with each one. My first was HORRIBLE and my second was much more mangageable. Maybe that's why there was such a long gap of time between my kids? I had to get over the shock of the whole experience and new life as a mother with the first one. Ha! You should do fine since it will be your third. You're a true veteran now! I love all your Spring goodies. I'm in love with those cherry blossom sticks. Where did you get them? I want some!!

Diane said...[Reply to comment]

Ohhhhhh and ahhhhh, your nesting is looking mightly lovely! Just a few more weeks my friend, then baby will have arrived, stomach will be somewhat back to normal and you can do all the re-do's you have been waiting for! Diane

Pamela said...[Reply to comment]

I stopped by earlier but guess I did not leave a comment!:( I love your new PB pillows! I was actually drooling over them in the catalog when I got it last week.

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...[Reply to comment]

I guess you've made it past your target date of when your mom was to arrive? Your home looks lovely all "nested up." I'm rooting for you to have a fast and easy delivery!

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...[Reply to comment]

The items you chose will look lovely and how great to add some new transferware. Wishing your mother a safe journey to be with you, and you and baby good health.

Tricia said...[Reply to comment]

Your nesting looks like it's going well...everything looks so pretty and organized. I've been doing a few things around here too. Hope your delivery goes nice and smooth and God gives you a beautiful healthy baby. Have a good weekend :)

Jessica said...[Reply to comment]

Love all your nesting, especially the tulips. :-)
I have been Spring nesting to a certain extent, too, and I am not pregnant, ;-)
Have a great birth! I'm sure it will be a special time.

thistlewoodfarm said...[Reply to comment]

Andrea,

Your pillows are amazing! What a breath of "spring." Rest and enjoy the days ahead....before all those sleepless nights :)

blessings,
thistle :)

Mandy said...[Reply to comment]

Love, love, love the pillows!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog and your sweet comments...I am loving the chair.
Best of luck with your bundle of joy on the way...my boys are now 19 and 16 and it seems like yesterday I was awaiting their arrival...how time flies!!!

anangloinquebec said...[Reply to comment]

I seem to always be "nesting" and I am certainly not always pregnant. Everything looks fabulous and the addition of tulips is always a good idea! Best wishes, exciting times ahead. I just painted eggs in preparation for Easter with my 20 year old daughter! The joy never ends.

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...[Reply to comment]

I'm guessing you've given birth by now?? I hope all is well. You are in my prayers!