Thursday, February 9, 2012

A nursery sneak peek (and a big belly)

These past few weeks, we've been busy working on the nursery.

First, my husband installed board and batten, and the same colour scheme as my older daughters room. We still have the top trim to do, but for the most part, it's done.



Secondly, we put in the antique dresser set which I refinished for my youngest daughter. We are sorta doing a big room share. The nursery is technically shared with my 4.5 year old, but there isn't room for a bed and a crib. Since my 4 year old sleeps each night in her big sisters bed, this isn't a problem (although I was sad to move her beautiful antique iron bed downstairs to make room for the crib!).

My nursery inspiration is this gorgeous nursery created by Jennifer at Dear Lillie. Isn't it amazing?



What I love about it: The neutral colour scheme, the antique crib, the decor, well, everything =)

One big difference between my room and hers is that I will need to use my old crib, which is a brown Sears special. Certainly not what I would pick, but it was bought for me when my first daughter was born, and was a generous gift! I don't want to have to spend the money to replace it now, especially since this is our last baby. I hope to dress it up (or hide it?) with bedding and accessories. I thought about painting it, but in the end decided I could resell it better as is, so I'll work around it.

I also didn't want to spend a lot on this room, but use mostly what we already have, and include some projects to make it special.

Here are a few sneak peaks so far:

Antique furniture that was stripped (it had leaded paint), and repainted in a creamy white. I lightly distressed it and applied a very light glaze. We still have the mirror, stool and dresser doors to finish before I show you the full pieces.



Accessories in silver, and creams and pinks.




Handmade pieces and craft projects, such as this handmade Bunny that I made for my 2nd daughter. I also have a pretty silhouette project in the works.



Inexpensive curtains, embellished to spruce them up. I also made these pretty pillow cases. The room will have plenty of pretty trims and ribbons, and while keeping a neutral base, I seem to be incorporating some pink in as well.




I will be sure to share the entire room once it's completely done! One thing is forsure, I sure hope the ultrasound was right about this baby being a girl, otherwise, if a boy, he'll grow to love pink, lavender and pretty =)

A now for the big belly part:


Now that's a belly! yikes!
Linking to my Favorite Parties!




17 comments:

Pine Tree Home said...[Reply to comment]

Very pretty space. I love the little trims. Very sweet.

Andrea said...[Reply to comment]

First of all, you look adorable! The room is pretty darn cute too. What a lucky little girl!

Debbiedoo's said...[Reply to comment]

You look beautiful! So does the room...really pretty.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...[Reply to comment]

The nursery is very cute. Love the bunny with the cute ears. You are about to pop!

Kelly said...[Reply to comment]

I can tell that your nursery is going to be so adorable. I like the direction you're taking it in. Love the board and batten in there! Your belly is stretched to the max! Hopefully, it won't be long now.

Jenny said...[Reply to comment]

Beautiful belly and a beautiful room! Such an exciting time!

Edins House said...[Reply to comment]

Andrea this nursery is going to be soooo lovely and serene! Everything you've pulled together already is absolutely perfect!!
Victoria
P.S. You look beautiful!!

Tricia said...[Reply to comment]

It looks like everything is coming together beautifully! I love, love, love the board and batten. I want that in my daughter's room.

Oh, by the way, about your crib, I think it's illegal to resell drop-side cribs now. I had thought about selling mine last summer and then I saw that they just changed the laws. I was kind of crabby about it because the crib we bought was from Ethan Allen and cost a small fortune...I guess I'll have to save it for when I'm a grandma :)

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...[Reply to comment]

Andrea you look fabulous and so does that nursery!!

Karena said...[Reply to comment]

Andrea the nursery is lovely with all of your special touches!

You are almost there!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Pamela said...[Reply to comment]

OH my goodness you are big Andrea! But you look just beautiful!!!!!Pregnancy does suit you!!
I love love this room. I loved Dear Lilly's room except the brown walls...not a lover of brown tones.
That rabbit you made is the cutest!!!
All the best to you!!!

Dear Lillie said...[Reply to comment]

You look adorable! And I love the sneak peeks so far!

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...[Reply to comment]

It's adorable! I especially love the pillow and ball trim. You look cute with the little bun in the oven! I know it's getting close. We can't wait to meet her!

French Kissed said...[Reply to comment]

Hi Andrea,

You are looking beautiful and so is the nursery with all the sweet little touches you have added...and all the best to you as you wait for the most precious addition of all.

Jermaine

Jo's This and That said...[Reply to comment]

Nice! thanks for sharing joann

BeezRentalDesigns said...[Reply to comment]

What a lovely room! Great choices you've made, should last her a good while. I'm a new follower and hope you'll follow me also. Looking forward to seeing the new addition to your family. I have a new granddaughter due in a few months and so wish I could do the nursery. Unfortunately, they do have the space for a separate nursery yet! : ( Pregnancy looks good on you!

kristyne said...[Reply to comment]

Eeeeeep! LOVE how the pillow with the pom pom fringe turned out! :)

Hang in there, girl ...