Thursday, February 2, 2012

Potty Talk

Our new home has a bit of an odd feature. The one and only guest bathroom on the main floor is also the girls bathroom. Also, it's teeny (making for a very difficult photo shoot, especially since I'm rather rotund at 8.5 months pregnant).

This has posed a high degree of stress for me (seemingly, I stress out easily). The bathroom needs to be kid friendly, but heaven help me if it's not also super posh for our guests. We don't want to get the guests talkin about my less than posh potty, now do we?

Here's what I came up with:

The walls were previously a mustard yellow. We repainted in the same colour as most of the main floor, Horizon Grey (Benjamin Moore).



A pretty ruffle shower curtain, from Pottery Barn. Peek behind the curtain, and you will see a plethora of bathtub toys.

The sunburst mirror is from a small local store. I love the combination of silver, white and black against the Horizon Grey walls

I love this silhouette and the quote. It's also from a local decor store.  The quote says "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln.



I picked up these hooks from Pottery Barn for $6.00 for both, on clearance. Unfortunately, they only have No 1 and 2, so kid No 3 will have to use the hook on the back of the door =). The hooks are tucked behind the door so as to make the Tinkerbell towels less obvious. My girls love their towels, so changing them to something more 'decor' worthy was out of the question. Just be glad that I talked them out of Justin Beber. Tink is far cuter.


Finally, I spent way too much money on the blue and cream towels from Pottery Barn. Unfortunately, us Canadians pay a premium for ordering from their online store. Not only are the prices far more expensive, but add duty and shipping, and these are some precious towels! I looked around for weeks trying to find a less expensive option, but in the end, I knew these were exactly what I was wanting, so I splurged.

Up next is the nursery (almost done). After that, while we have many more projects lined up, it will all depend on when babe decides to make an appearance. While not due until March, the Dr. thinks it will be anytime now. That may prevent us from starting any big projects (however, when our second was born, we did tackle laying hardwood flooring in our previous home since hubby had time off, and we did it while baby slept. They mostly just sleep for the first few months anyhow =)

Linking to my Favorite Parties!





16 comments:

Coastal Cottage Dreams said...[Reply to comment]

Your PB bathroom items are beautiful! Love the Abraham Lincoln quote on your wall too!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...[Reply to comment]

Looks great Andrea! Love the shower curtain and towels!

Pamela said...[Reply to comment]

It is a very beautiful bathroom Andrea! I love the granite counter!!
The wall colour was a perfect choice. Oh how I hate bright yellow. And guess what colour my bathroom is? BRIGHT Yellow!!!

Kelly said...[Reply to comment]

I really like how your bathroom turned out! I especially like that ruffled shower curtain. I know you must be getting so excited to know that baby #3 could be here any day. At least you've been through it before, so you know what to expect. Can't wait to see the nursery soon.

Ange @ A Cream Cottage said...[Reply to comment]

Your guest/kid bathroom looks great! Love all your decor and you've thought of some great ways to hide the evidence of the children!!! Ange

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...[Reply to comment]

Andrea, this is very nice and works for your girls and guests.

Heather said...[Reply to comment]

love those number hooks!! those would be handy in our boys' bathroom - both their names start with "A" lol so letter wouldn't work. and those look wonderful, too! great job :) and i LOVE pottery barn!!

thistlewoodfarm said...[Reply to comment]

Andrea,

I absolutely LOVE your silhouette in that bathroom! I pinned it for a future project! I also wanted to say thank you so much for always being such a wonderful blog friend....so supportive and generous with your comments and your encouragement!

blessings,
karianne

Vintage Home said...[Reply to comment]

wow you have a great bathroom there...I can see why you splurged on the towels!
I really like the numbered towel holders...and the paint colour!

Vintage Home said...[Reply to comment]

p.s. your craft room is to die for!

Special 'K' said...[Reply to comment]

Love the towel holders. This is my first visit to your special space, I will follow on my way out as I am sure I will enjoy engaging and supporting your special place now I have found you,I hope you will find the some time to come visit me some time. Cheers SpecialK XoXo

Inspire Me Heather said...[Reply to comment]

You've done a lovely job! You've got great taste too in what you've purchased and I love the paint colour!

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...[Reply to comment]

So sweet! The ruffled shower curtain is divine. Love the colors and all the girl touches, even Tink towels!

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...[Reply to comment]

Your bathroom will be pretty for both your kids and guests. Love the ruffled shower curtain too.

Vintage Home said...[Reply to comment]

HI Thanks for dropping by!

designchic said...[Reply to comment]

It looks gorgeous, Andrea. Love the color and the ruffled shower curtain...adorable!!