Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Some Lovely Surprises at Ikea

This past Sunday, we took a trip to Ikea for a few things for the nursery. Now, I don't want to be an Ikea snob, and I've talked about this before on my blog, but I always associate Ikea with a more contemporary style which isn't exactly to my taste. Having said that, I do think they have some great buys. For instance, I buy all my feather pillow forms there. The price can't be beat. There is also that little detail of my entire craft room being outfitted with Ikea furniture. I love it, and could not have done it any cheaper.

When waddling down the Ikea isles, I was shocked at how many designs they have out for spring with a more traditional twist. There were pretty toiles, country stripes, even chintz!

Here are a few things I picked up:

Love these embroidered pillows, and at $25 each (including the form), you can't afford to leave the store without them!


I added pom-pom fringe and the sweetest fabric to embellish these Ikea white basic curtain panels. $19.99 for both panels, $29.99 for the rod.




I hope to have a Nursery update for you soon. It's coming together nicely, but still needs those special touches before I call it done. Looks like I'll be spending a lot of time at the sewing machine this week!

These country stripes are just what I needed for this sofa. I had no pillows on it previously (it was sadly neglected) and the casual stripe is great for the Family Room. $14.99 each for the covers (I already had the forms).



Been to Ikea lately?

Have a wonderful day!

9 comments:

Coastal Cottage Dreams said...[Reply to comment]

Love the pillows! The pom poms look great on the curtain!

LindaSonia said...[Reply to comment]

Love the pillows!! do they have a name??

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...[Reply to comment]

Cute pillows and love the nursery panels.

Tracey@Breathing English Air said...[Reply to comment]

This is kind of ironic, because over here they did a big advertising campaign based on throwing out the chintz!

Kelly said...[Reply to comment]

I haven't been to Ikea in a long time. I really love what you found! You're just teasing us with little snippets of the nursery, huh? Looks good! You're quite the little seamstress. Looking forward to the big reveal.

Jenny said...[Reply to comment]

I'm loving that stripe! What a deal indeed! That is fantastic!

Diane said...[Reply to comment]

Love both pillows the floral and the stripes. Those curtain panels look so gentle for the nursery, can't wait to see the rest of the room.....and the new baby too!! Diane

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...[Reply to comment]

Can you believe I've never been to an Ikea store? I'd love to go. The stripe pillow is my fave! Love the buttons. Can't wait to see the nursery!

for the love of a house said...[Reply to comment]

I love Ikea! That pillow is beautiful. In case you don't get back to see my response to you- the gray velvet pillows on the lvg rm sofa... Ikea! I had them resized to fit the sofa, but I loved the color of gray. Also, the brown pillow on the master bedroom chaise... Ikea! I think great design can be mixed and matched and found everywhere! I for one, love the great designs , not to mention price points;) at Ikea!
Hope you are feeling well!
xojoan